The Leeward Islands, also known as the northern islands of the Lesser Antilles, are from the Virgin Islands to Guadeloupe. However, for this listing, we are excluding the US and British Virgin Islands, which are under their own sections.
Antigua Yacht Charters | Sail and Motor Yachts
St Kitts and Nevis
The Leeward Islands |List for this article:
- Anguilla for its beaches, fine dining, caving, hiking, snorkeling at Shoal Bay East, and slow pace.
- Antigua and Barbuda - 365 beaches, music, historic sites, Nelson's Dockyard National Park, Shirley Heights, safaris, fishing, scuba diving, and more. Birding on Barbuda.
- St. Martin and St. Maarten for fine dining, au natural beach, with French and Dutch areas on one island. Duty-free shopping on the Dutch side and a variety of sightseeing available to experience.
- St. Barths (Saint Barthelemy) for its fine dining, gourmet shops, luxury villas, hotels, and a challenging airport.
- St. Kitts and Nevis historic sights including Brimstone Hill, the sugar plantations that are now inns. Plantation Safari tours, hikes, scuba diving, and more.
- Guadeloupe part of the French West Indies with majestic green hills. World-class rum distilleries.
Each island has its own culture, ambiance, and terrain. Truly the Caribbean, British overtones, French, and Dutch cultures mixed with the West Indian charm.
During a two week charter, it is possible to visit most of these Leeward islands. However, this would not be sufficient time for a real experience.