New York was one of the original thirteen colonies that formed the United States. In order to distinguish the state from its city with the same name, it is sometimes referred to as New York State.
This large state has a number of different travel regions. These regions include New York City, the Catskills, the Adirondacks, and the Niagara Frontier. Each region has something special to offer you on your yacht charter.
New York City
New York: Places to see
- See "The Grand Canyon of the East," Letchworth State Park. Activities include not only active horseback riding or biking, but also more relaxed activities such as guided walks or swimming.
- Unique rock formations and winding waterways at Ausable Chasm.
- Spend a day whitewater rafting in the Adirondacks.
New York: Things to do
- Parasail hundreds of feet above scenic Lake George.
- Go horseback riding along a Long Island shoreline.
- Hike the natural landscape, peaceful forests, and mountain scenery of the Catskills.
- Tour the state's wine or craft beverage trails or dine out in the Hudson Valley.
- Besides countless outdoor activities, you can also enjoy many world-renowned museums and cultural institutions.
Climate and weather
The state's climate is generally humid continental. Winters are cold. Seasonally, summer-like conditions prevail from June to early September. Areas in the far southern part of the state and New York City have summer conditions from late May through late September. Therefore, summer is the best time to visit New York.
New York State has many marinas. Including the 79th Street Boat Basin in New York City, Half Moon Bay Marina in Croton on Hudson, and Safe Harbor Marina in Haverstraw.