Swimsuit, sunblock, beach toys, umbrella. Umbrella? Since warm Caribbean temperatures can bring humidity and thunderstorms, you may encounter a rainy afternoon or even an entire day or two of wet weather while on your yacht charter. Fortunately, you don’t have to let the weather ruin even a moment of your vacation. Whether you are traveling with your partner, friends, or family, there are plenty of rainy day yacht charter activities to enjoy.
Yacht charter crew are practically experts when it comes to things to do on a rainy day. Tyler and Ericka of the sailing catamaran, VIRAMAR remember a time when (insert story). Anecdote, quote
(Contact several yachts and interview crews for ideas. Ask about any particular times it rained and what they did.)
Yacht Charter Activities for All Ages
- Board games, card games, charades, Pictionary, etc. Yachts generally have a nice selection of popular games for children, teens, and adults.
- Puzzles. Get everyone together to turn all the pieces picture-side up, sort, and assemble.
- Scavenger Hunt. This activity is suitable for all ages and is easy to put together. Try making a theme for the hunt such as “wet” items found inside the yacht, such as: “What can’t be burned in a fire nor drowned in water? (ICE)” or “The more I dry, the wetter I become? (TOWEL) or “I am full of holes, but still hold water. What am I? (SPONGE)”.
- Art. Whether simply coloring with crayons or markers or practicing your iPhone photo skills, take advantage of the rainy day to be creative.
- Fishing. Of course, you should not fish when there is lightning and thunder. However, fishing in the rain can improve your chances of landing the big one. Rain brings out nutrients in the water, which makes fish more active in their search for food.
- Get in the water! You’ll be wet anyway!
- Play dress up. Crew Jos and Julia from catamaran FOXY LADY keep costumes and props onboard so kids can dress up like pirates.
- Catch up on reading or journaling.
- Learn a new recipe. Collaborate with the chef and invent a new cocktail or appetizer.
- Relax. Rainy days are perfect for napping.
- Practice Yoga. Your luxury yacht will undoubtedly have plenty of room for a few Sun Salutations.
- Plan the next day’s activities. Your captain is very knowledgeable and has encountered inclement weather many times. The captain can rearrange your schedule so you can still visit as many places as possible.
- Of course, there are always electronics for entertainment. Catch up on your games or edit your photos.
Finally, remember that even a rainy day or two on a luxury yacht in the Caribbean beats a day at the office every time.