Tortola, the British Virgin Islands’ most famous and central island, has legendarily beautiful soft white-sand beaches, lush green mountains, and sheltered, yacht-filled harbors. Many yacht charter companies have their main bases on this island. You’ll begin your Tortola Yacht Charter by exploring the British Virgin Islands.
Tortola is warm year-round. The winter months are comfortable with low humidity and rainfall. We recommend a windbreaker or sweater when sailing during December – March. July, August, and September are the hottest months, and hurricane season is from June through November.
Tortola | Things to see and do
- Spend a day in the capital of Road Town. You’ll find interesting shops such as Sunny Caribbee Spice Shop & Art Gallery, East Caribbean Salt & Soap Company, or Pusser’s Outpost.
- Go to the beach. You’ll find dozens of sandy, palm-shaded beaches, including Brewer’s Bay, Smuggler’s Cove, the famous Cane Garden Bay, and Long Bay Beach.
- Surf. Popular surf spots include Cane Garden Bay, Josiah’s Bay, and Apple Bay.
- Learn to kitesurf at KiteSurf BVI.
- Scuba dive.
- Explore Tortola’s history. Visit the 1780 Lower Estate Sugar Works Museum, Fort Burt, Mount Healthy Windmill, Callwood’s Rum Distillery, J.R. O’Neal Botanic Gardens, Old Government House Museum, and VI Folk Museum.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, take the Original Virgin Canopy Tour. You’ll have breathtaking views of Tortola and the surrounding islands on tour.
- Dine. Taste Caribbean local food, such as Roti at Roti Palace. Or, for an elegant lunch or dinner, try Mediterranean Bistro.
- If you’re in Tortola during the full moon, join the fun at the Full Moon Party in Trellis Bay.
Harbour View Marine Center. A full-service marina offering 22 slips, ten moorings, fuel, fresh water, electricity, shower facilities, and garbage disposal. In addition, there’s a restaurant and pool bar, guest rooms (double or single), marine chandlery, and an ice cream shop.
Manuel Reef Marina. This Tortola marina has 48 slips with a 6.5-foot depth having 110v (30 Amp)/220v (50 Amp) electricity, water, showers, ADSL WiFi internet, cable TV, and telephone hookup.
Nanny Cay Marina. A modern and naturally sheltered marina with berths for 320 yachts with two fuel docks, a pump-out station, 120/220V electricity, luxury shower facilities, and restrooms. There’s water and ice from Nanny Cay’s Reverse Osmosis plant, garbage disposal, and 100% backup power. Other amenities include high-speed internet, a swimming pool, a beach, laundry, and postal services.
Village Cay Marina. This marina has three piers with 106 berthing slips. It can accommodate vessels up to 180′ in length with a maximum 11-foot draft. Amenities include a chandlery, restaurant, trash and oil disposal, and gas and diesel fuel station. In addition, there’s ice, showers, laundry service, complimentary cable, and WiFi.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.