Seychelles Charter Itineraries provide a starting place for planning your yacht charter around the Seychelles. This paradise, made up of 115 mostly uninhabited islands, is located off the coast of Africa. Mahé is the main island. Victoria is the capital city where you’ll find most of the islands’ cultural and eco-tourism hotspots, restaurants, bars, cafés, and walking trails. What’s more, Mahe is touted to have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Seychelles: Sample Charter Itineraries
Since the islands are near the equator, the climate is always warm. However, it is generally cooler when the north-west trade winds blow from November through March. The sea is generally calm. The rainiest times are from December to February. From December to April it is hot and humid.
- Diving and snorkeling. If you're a diver, try some excellent dive spots such as Fishermen's Cove Reef, Shark Bank, Trompsuse Rocks, and Brissare Rocks.
- Nature walks and bird watching. Seychelles is very successful in protecting its flora and fauna. The granitic islands of Seychelles are home to about 75 endemic plant species, with a further 25 or so species in the Aldabra group.
- Horseback riding.
- Artists' studios. The Seychelles Islands have a vibrant art scene and are home to a number of well-known painters and sculptors.
- National monuments. In Victoria, monuments include the Pierre Poivre Statue, Lavalas Memorial, and the James Mancham Monument.
- Casinos. Star Casino on Eden Island, Mahe is a popular place to try your luck.
Seychelles' cuisine has many influences. Some of the most vibrant flavors come from African, British, French, Indian, and Chinese cuisine. Local dishes emphasize coconut, spices, rice, and seafood. Apples, papaya, jamalac (similar to an apple), and bananas are also key ingredients. In addition, you'll find that takeaway restaurants are popular. Places like Jules Take Away, The Copper Pot, and Coco Rouge offer good food at reasonable prices.