Ston and Mali Ston
The tiny twin towns of Ston and Mali Ston lie at the very beginning of the Peljesac Peninsula in southern Dalmatia. Medieval walls connect the two towns. They lie about 34 miles northwest of Dubrovnik. Many things make this area special, including its beautiful town walls, saltworks, and mussels.
You can find a lot to do and see here, such as sunbathing on one of the country’s many beautiful beaches or hiking through its lush countryside. Photograph fantastic mountain landscapes and sail along picturesque coastlines.
Ston and Mali Ston | Places to see
- The Ston Walls. These fortifications, built in 1358 mainly to protect the valuable salt pans, connect Ston and Mali Ston.
- Prapratno Beach, with calm shallow water, is perfect for children. The beach has several amenities, including a volleyball area, paddle boats, and a restaurant. Stop by the fruit, vegetable, olive oil, and wine stands next to the parking lot.
Ston and Mali Ston | Things to do
- For a first-hand look at how fresh the oysters are, take an Oyster Tour. Farmers have been cultivating oyster beds in the bay since the period of Roman rule. The first documented shellfish breeding is from the 17th century.
- Join a fishing tour. Bota Sare offers short fishing excursions, day fishing, multi-day fishing, and extreme multi-day fishing.
- Dine at Kapetanova Kuca in Mali Ston. You can try the freshest oysters, shellfish, black risotto, organically grown vegetables, and Peljesac wines.
Marinas and Anchorages
- The most well-protected anchorages are at Lovitse and Ston. However, other small harbors are all along the Peljesac Peninsula’s east and south coasts.
- On the peninsula’s south coast, there’s a quiet fishing village called Trstenik. Part of the waterfront here is suitable for mooring and anchoring.
- Ston has many restaurants that provide mooring berths.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.