Saint Lucia is a 250-square-mile island in the Eastern Caribbean. Two mountains, the Pitons, dominate the landscape. The varied terrain, volcanic beaches, and rainforest make St Lucia a top Caribbean destination. Luxury resorts, villas, and Boutique hotels offer quality accommodations. St. Lucia has two airports. Hewanorra Airport in the south of the island. European and North American airlines provide service. Vigie Airport the smaller airport has Caribbean flights.
Sailing from St. Lucia to the Grenadines is a comfortable option. Rather than the reverse, against the wind and current.
St. Lucia has a warm, tropical climate all year. The most popular travel time is between December and April. Rainfall varies depending on altitude and location.
St Lucia: Things to see and do
- Hike. Try the Gros Piton or Eastern Nature Trail along the Atlantic coast.
- Get wet. Go kayaking on the Roseau River. Or, try scuba diving with Snuba at Pigeon Island.
- Enjoy the flora and fauna. St Lucia is a botanical paradise. Filled with over 1,300 different species of wild flowering plants. And one hundred and fifty species of ferns. You can see many of these species at Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens. Here, there’s a nature trail, restaurant, waterfall, and mineral baths.
- Dine. Taste local favorites such as pepperpots, langouste, and bouyon. Boucan Restaurant offers fine dining infused with local flavors. For more local cuisine and vegetarian options, try Martha’s Tables.
- Beach. Some of the most popular beaches include Marigot Bay, Sugar Beach, and Reduit Beach.
- Visit Soufriere to see colonial architecture alongside enormous volcanic peaks. For a one-of-a-kind, adventure go to the Soufriere Drive-in Volcano. Not only is this a very active geothermal area with hot springs, but also bubbling mud pools and steam vents.
Rodney Bay Marina. This marina has 253 total berths. 32 megayacht berths, Wi-Fi, private showers, full resort amenities, on-site shopping, and dining. Customs and Immigration Services, and a high-speed fuel dock. Plus, there’s provisioning services, waste disposal services, and laundry services.
Marigot Bay Resort & Marina. Has 42 berths for yachts up to 280 feet and 20 mooring buoys. Fuel, electricity, water, free Wi-Fi, Cable TV, garbage disposal, and pump-out facilities.