Abacos Islands Yacht Charter: Explore Paradise!
The Abaco Islands, Bahamas, were once the home of swashbuckling pirates and the native Arawak people. Today, it is one of the world’s great cruising grounds. By land, visit lovely colonial towns, championship golf courses, and countless bars, restaurants, and resorts. An Abacos Islands yacht charter is a great way to explore this incredible destination.
A Brief History
The Abacos Islands, located in the northern Bahamas, have a fascinating history that dates back centuries. The indigenous Lucayan people were the first inhabitants of these islands before European explorers arrived.
Spanish explorers like Christopher Columbus made landfall here during their travels. Over the years, the Abacos became a haven for pirates. In fact, the notorious Blackbeard used the maze-like cays and shallow waters to his advantage.
Today, you’ll find a unique blend of native culture and colonial influences on your Abacos Islands yacht charter.
Weather | Abacos Islands Yacht Charter
In the Abacos, summers are hot, humid, and mostly cloudy. The winters are comfortable, humid, windy, and mostly clear. The temperature typically varies from 66°F to 88°F and is rarely below 60°F or above 91°F.
Abacos Islands | Places to See
Visit Man-O-War Cay, a small island renowned for its boat-building heritage. Explore the island’s boatyards, where traditional wooden boats are still constructed, and admire the local craftsmanship.
Great Guana Cay
Head to Great Guana Cay, famous for its stunning 7-mile beach, Nipper’s Beach Bar, and the vibrant community of New Plymouth. Spend a day basking in the sun, savoring delicious local cuisine, and soaking in the island’s laid-back atmosphere.
This beach is one of National Geographic’s Top 10. With over three miles of white sand, turquoise waters, and plenty of amenities, it’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon lounging and soaking up some sun.
Sandy Point Beach is located on Great Abaco Island and is known for its incredible stretch of sugary-soft sand and magnificent sunsets.
The largest town in the Abacos, Marsh Harbour, is a vibrant yachting hub. Here, you’ll find marinas, charming shops, and waterfront restaurants. There are also many opportunities for water sports.
Green Turtle Cay
Discover the tranquility of Green Turtle Cay, a captivating island known for its pristine beaches and quaint colonial architecture. Don’t miss the Albert Lowe Museum, which provides insights into the island’s history.
The historic lighthouse of Hope Town is visible for miles, a candy-striped sentinel on the southeastern reef.
Pelican Cays National Park | Abacos Islands Yacht Charter
Pelican Cays National Park has a vast collection of sea life and coral. For miles on the sandy bottom, you will find giant starfish. Dive sites such as Pelican Cays Land and Sea Park are home to underwater caves and multicolored coral reefs.
Walker’s Cay National Park
Turtles, eagle rays, and sharks populate Walker’s Cay National Park in the far northwest.
For those looking for an even more secluded experience, visit the beautiful beaches of Fiddle Cay. The shelling here is extraordinary since it has uninhabited, pristine white sand beaches.
Abacos Islands Yacht Charter | Things to Do
- Snorkeling and Diving: Dive into the Abacos’ underwater wonderland and explore vibrant coral reefs, ancient shipwrecks, and abundant marine life. Discover sites like the Mermaid Reef or the mysterious Blue Hole, offering breathtaking experiences for novice and experienced divers.
- Island Hopping: With a yacht charter, you can hop from one captivating island to another, each with its unique charm and attractions.
- Fishing: The Abacos offer excellent fishing opportunities for anglers of all skill levels. Set sail for trophy fish such as marlin, tuna, mahi-mahi, and bonefish.
- Beaches: Relax and unwind on some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. From the powdery white sands of Treasure Cay Beach to the secluded shores of Tahiti Beach, you’ll find yourself immersed in tranquility.
Abacos Islands | Geography
One of the world’s largest barrier reef systems surrounds these reef-and-cay-sheltered waters. Enjoy hundreds of miles of relaxed cruising in the relatively shallow safety of the Sea of Abaco. In the Sea of Abaco, you will find the islands of Great Abaco and Little Abaco. Another delightful string of sandy cays is just to the east.
The two large islands of Great Abaco and Little Abaco and the Abacos Cays make up the Abacos.
Abaco Beach Resort & Marina offers a state-of-the-art 198-slip marina and the best award-winning cuisine in the Bahamas Out-Islands.
Sample 8-Day Abacos Islands Yacht Charter Itinerary
Please note that this is just a sample itinerary. It is subject to change based on weather conditions, yacht speed, and personal preferences. We will work with you to create a custom itinerary based on your interests and desires.
Marsh Harbour to Elbow Cay
- Depart Marsh Harbour and sail approximately six nautical miles to Elbow Cay.
- Explore the charming settlement of Hope Town and visit the iconic Elbow Reef Lighthouse.
- Enjoy the pristine beaches and snorkeling spots around Elbow Cay.
Elbow Cay to Man-O-War Cay (7 NM) | Day 2
- Sail from Elbow Cay to Man-O-War Cay.
- Immerse yourself in the island’s boat-building heritage and visit the boatyards.
- Take a stroll through the picturesque settlement and admire the local craftsmanship.
Man-O-War Cay to Green Turtle Cay (12 NM) | Day 3
- Cruise approximately 12 nautical miles from Man-O-War Cay to Green Turtle Cay.
- Relax on the stunning 7-mile beach and indulge in water sports like snorkeling or kayaking.
- Explore the quaint community of New Plymouth and visit the Albert Lowe Museum.
Green Turtle Cay to Great Guana Cay (10 NM) | Day 4
- Sail from Green Turtle Cay to Great Guana Cay.
- Spend the day lounging on the beautiful 7-mile beach and swimming in the turquoise waters.
- Enjoy a delicious meal and vibrant atmosphere at Nipper’s Beach Bar.
Great Guana Cay to Treasure Cay (14 NM) | Day 5
- Sail from Great Guana Cay to Treasure Cay.
- Discover the breathtaking white sands and crystal-clear waters of Treasure Cay Beach.
- Engage in water activities such as snorkeling, paddleboarding, or jet skiing.
Treasure Cay to Walker’s Cay (35 NM) | Day 6
- Cruise from Treasure Cay to Walker’s Cay.
- Explore the uninhabited Walker’s Cay and its stunning surrounding reefs.
- Enjoy excellent fishing opportunities in the deep-sea fishing capital of the Bahamas.
Walker’s Cay to Green Turtle Cay (30 NM) | Day 7
- Sail from Walker’s Cay to Green Turtle Cay.
- Return to the captivating island and revisit your favorite spots or explore new ones.
- Relax on the beach, dine at local restaurants, and soak in the laid-back atmosphere.
Day 8: Green Turtle Cay to Marsh Harbour (12 NM) | Day 8
- Cruise from Green Turtle Cay back to Marsh Harbour.
- Arrive in Marsh Harbour and take some time to explore the town’s marinas and shops.
Yachts for an Abaco Islands Yacht Charter Vacation
Here are a few of the boats available for your Abacos Islands yacht charter:
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.