The bustling city of Nassau is located on New Providence Island in the Bahamas. The capital of the Bahamas attracts vacationers from all parts of the world. Paradise Island sits just offshore from the island of New Providence. Two bridges connect to the city of Nassau, over Nassau Harbour.
Paradise Island is overflowing with tropical charm, resorts, hotels, restaurants, shops, nightlife, a golf course, an aquarium, and a casino. Of course, there are plenty of beaches to explore.
Nassau: Things to see and do
- Outdoor activities abound in New Providence, Nassau, and Paradise Island. Take a bike tour, an ATV tour, or go jet skiing.
- Visit historic sites like The Queens Staircase. Slaves built this limestone staircase to honor Queen Victoria’s help in abolishing slavery in the Bahamas.
- Go to the beach. There are many beaches from which to choose, whether you want to have a quiet day or a more active one. Just a few ideas include Cable Beach, Cabbage Beach, Junkanoo Beach, or Saunders Beach.
- Take a cooking class at Goombay House Cooking Studio. Whether you are a seasoned chef or just a beginner, you’ll learn something new!
- Enjoy a day trip to a nearby island such as Eleuthera and Harbour Island.
- Shop on Paradise Island. In addition to upscale shops like those at Crystal Court Shops, you can always find bargains at Paradise Island Shopping Village.
In Nassau, the summers are hot, humid, and mostly cloudy. The winters are comfortable, muggy, dry, windy, and mostly clear. The temperature typically varies from 66°F to 90°F and is rarely below 59°F or above 93°F.
Nassau, and Paradise Island | Marinas
Palm Cay Bahamas Marina offers 194 slips, fuel, dockside cafe, restaurant, concierge service, 194 slips, full service, deep-water marina, 24-hour security with sea gate, fuel dock facility (gas and diesel), fish cleaning station, vessels from 18′ to 70′, 8ft at low tide, electricity, water, Wi-Fi.
Albany Marina accommodates 71 vessels as large as 300 feet and offers state-of-the-art berthing facilities, easy clearance procedures, and the highest level of service for luxury vessels. A security and yacht watch program maintains a close eye on yachts harbored at Albany while marina attendants are available seven days a week to provide docking assistance. Albany also offers the Albany Recreational Center (ARC) for the crew to enjoy, which features a fitness center, volleyball and basketball courts, and an outdoor seating area with fire pit and bar. All slips provide electricity and water hookups. Laundry and shower facilities.
The Nassau Yacht Haven Marina is within walking distance of a wide array of shops and businesses. Marine supplies are available next door, and a short walk up the street will bring you to the Harbor Bay Shopping Center.
Bay Street Marina offers 110 slips that accommodate vessels from 40′ to 500′ with 12′ draft, low tide. The marina offers fuel, electricity, free Wi-Fi at every slip. In addition, guest amenities include a swimming pool, fitness center, business center, shower and laundry facilities, fish cleaning station, restaurants.