Anguilla is a British Overseas Territory in the Eastern Caribbean, the northernmost island of the Leeward Islands. It has a small central island and several offshore islets. The island has 33 beaches. Some are long sandy stretches like Rendezvous Bay, overlooking neighboring Saint Martin, while some are secluded coves reached only by boat, such as Little Bay.
Anguilla’s weather is idyllic. The average temperature is 80F. Trade winds keep the island relatively cool and dry. July to October is the hottest period, while December to February is the coolest. The annual rainfall averages 35.4 inches.
Anguilla | Places to See
- Visit Big Spring Cave, a protected area known for prehistoric petroglyphs. Or, see East End Pond, a wildlife conservation site.
- Catch a short boat shuttle to Sandy Island. This sunny cay is 2.9 miles northwest of the main island of Anguilla, and the island has a small bar and restaurant.
- Take a taxi tour and visit places like the small Heritage Museum Collection on the East End or the Wallblake House in The Valley.
- Enjoy fine cuisine. Anguilla offers a variety of dining options, such as Veya.
Anguilla | Things to Do
- Spend the day at Little Bay. This gorgeous secluded bay features a small sandy beach, swimming, snorkeling, and cliffs for diving.
- Snorkel at Shoal Bay East. This stunning beach appears to be straight off of a postcard with its brilliant white sand and sparkling turquoise water. The nearby reef has a wide array of colorful marine life.
Anguilla is known as the food capital of the Caribbean. You’ll taste influences from various cuisines, including Caribbean, African, Spanish, French, and English. Pigeon peas, citrus fruits, tomatoes, and garlic are all common ingredients in Anguilla and play an essential role in its cuisine.
Your chef can prepare local cuisine such as jerk chicken, callaloo (a popular Caribbean vegetable dish), grilled lobster, conch soup, and peas and rice.
There are several anchorages in Anguilla, including:
- Crocus Bay Anchorage in Crocus Hill
- Dog Island Anchorage in Dog Island
- Little Bay Anchorage in Ebenezer
- Island Harbour Anchorage in Island Harbour
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.