What to Do in Antigua
What is there to do in Antigua and Barbuda while on your yacht charter? There is a range of activities ashore and on the water. From historical sites to mud safaris which are loads of fun, mud, water, and beaches for swimming at Sting Ray City, scuba diving, kite-boarding, snorkeling or just doing nothing, come discover Antigua.
Antigua features a wide variety of different water-based attractions and experiences such as:
- Snorkeling and diving in the clear blue waters provide a fantastic undersea view,
- Fishing opportunities are abundant. The top three fish species targeted on fishing trips are the Great Barracuda, Dolphin (Mahi Mahi), and King Mackerel.
- Kayaking. Or, for those who like to do their own boating, you can try driving a speedboat,
- Swimming with stingrays. If you want to get up close and personal with the wildlife you can swim with stingrays, nurse sharks, and other tropical marine life.
- Tour English Harbour. Located on Antigua’s southern coast is English Harbour, a small town with big attractions.
- Shirley Heights overlooks English Heights. There you’ll find the remains of colonial fortifications. On Sunday afternoons visitors can enjoy barbecue, rum punch, and music like reggae and steel drums.
- Visit Seaview Farm Village. Here the historically and artistically minded can view Antiguan folk pottery from the 18th century and even purchase their own modern versions.
- See the Harmony Hall Art Gallery in Brown’s Bay, featuring Antiguan artists and local crafts, not to mention the establishment’s 18th-century tower and the beautiful view it provides.
- In St. John’s, visit the Museum of Antigua and Barbuda to see a collection of the islands’ history from pre-colonial to the present day.
- Play cricket, a popular sport on the islands.
- Play tennis.
- Hiking and watching the birds. The terrain and environment provide hiking and bird-watching opportunities from shore to shore.
- Take an eco-tour using ATVs.
- Ride a bike and see the sights.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.