Here is an example of 2 Antigua Sailing Itineraries to choose from when you charter a yacht with Luxury Yacht Charters.
Sail around Antigua and over to Barbuda
In some anchorages, you might wish to stay longer than one day so all of the following would be changed and that’s why they call it cruising!!!
- Day One – Pickup in English Harbour. Tour the old harbor and Shirley’s Heights.
- Day Two – Sail to Nonsuch Bay. 11 mile beat to windward so it’s more like 18 miles sailing. Great anchorage with kiteboarding, snorkeling, dinghy trip for lunch at Harmony Hall.
- Day Three – Early departure for Barbuda. 37 miles to Coco Point anchorage. Need to come in with the sun still high to see reefs. Great beaches, snorkeling. Fresh seafood.
- Day Four – Move to the west coast of Barbuda or tour island and Frigate bird colony. Also, Spanish Point is nice, but harder to enter unless you motor up from the west with the sun at your back.
- Day Five or six – Sail down the west coast of Antigua to Five Island Harbor, 32 miles. Go ashore and have sunset drinks at Hermitage Hotel.
- Last Six or Seven – Sail back around to Falmouth or English Harbour by way of Goat head Channel, stopping at Cades Reef for snorkeling. 15 miles.
Sail from Antigua to St Martin
On this charter you will sail from Antigua to St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Barths, St. Martin & Anguilla. This itinerary provides for longer sails with more open water.
- Day One – Pickup English Harbour. Tour English Harbour and Shirley Heights.
- Day Two – Clear Customs and depart for Nevis. 52 miles downwind sailing. Great sail with fresh trade winds.
- Day Three – Clear Customs in Nevis and tour the island.
- Day Four – Short sail up to Basseterre, St. Kitts. Clear Customs and tour of the island. Not a good overnight anchorage so move for the night down to White House Bay, Ballast Bay, or Majors Bay.
- Day Five – Sailing to St. Barths there are two options. South around St. Kitts better wind angle, but more open water, 48 miles. North around St. Kitts you would be in the lee of St. Kitts longer, but sailing closer to the wind headed for St. Bart’s.
- Day Six – St. Barths. Tour the island, enjoy the restaurants, beaches, and pretty people.
- Day Seven – Sail to St. Martin, 17 miles to Simpson Bay.
*You would need an additional day in order to visit Anguilla with its 33 beaches and fine dining restaurants.
Captain Forrest of s/y Melinka contributed these two sample itineraries.