Marina del Rey to Catalina Itinerary
See the best of Catalina Island on this Marina-del-Rey to Catalina Itinerary. This is only a sample of what you can do on your charter. Your Captain will gladly work with you to create a perfect vacation.
Day 1: Marina del Rey to Catalina Island
Begin your charter in Los Angeles, California, at Marina del Rey. Board early and sail to Catalina Island. Anchor off the coast near the city of Avalon and enjoy lunch on the yacht. Once anchored, take advantage of water sports from the yacht, such as jet-skiing, paddle boarding, or floating on a tube.
Day 2: Avalon
The next day, take the tender to the town of Avalon. This harbor town has a lot to offer.
- Stroll along Avalon’s palm-lined streets and browse unique shops
- Take a private golf cart or electric bike around town and enjoy scenic mountain vistas overlooking the Pacific
- Go snorkeling at Lover’s Cove or jet ski from the yacht
- Have dinner ashore at one of the many seaside restaurants. Or, dine from the yacht with views of the picturesque harbor
- Hike, bike, or zipline
Day 3: Descanso Beach
On day three, head to Descanso Beach, within walking distance from the town of Avalon. The beach is pebbly like other beaches in the area, but Descanso Beach Club has a sandy terrace behind the rocky shore for visitors to lay on. Cabanas and chaise lounges are available for rent, and other rentals are available here for kayaking, snorkeling, SUPing, and more.
Day 4: Two Harbors
On day four, visit Two Harbors. This small village sits on a narrow strip of land that separates Isthmus Cove on the island’s leeward side from Catalina Harbor on the windward side, and it is only accessible by boat.
Two Harbors offers a host of activities for outdoor lovers, such as:
- Scuba diving in crystal clear water.
- I was touring in a Jeep into the island’s interior, taking a helicopter tour, hiking to the overlook at Ballast Point, or walking from one side to the other. Take the easy way across the 1/2 mile wide isthmus.
- enjoying a drink on the patio of the Harbor Reef before returning to the yacht for a sunset dinner
Day 5: Private Anchorage
Relax on day five. Catalina offers many private anchorages along the rugged coast for a secluded day and evening under the stars.
Day 6: Marina Del Rey
Your Marina-del-Rey to Catalina Island Itinerary comes close when you cruise back to Los Angeles.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.