Unique Boating Experience! San Diego to Catalina Itinerary
Boating on the California Coast is truly a unique experience. Mild temperatures and sunny skies provide ideal conditions for water sports, visiting beaches, and sightseeing. This sample San Diego to Catalina Itinerary will get you dreaming about a California yacht charter.
San Diego is one of California’s most fascinating and populous counties, home to more than three million people. Catalina Island is a great vacation option from San Diego, offering proximity, adventure, and relaxation. A yacht rental in San Diego is a fantastic way to explore this beautiful area.
Day 1 | San Diego
Begin and end your San Diego to Catalina Island in this lovely coastal town.
Things to do in San Diego
While in San Diego, spend some time seeing all this town offers. Before setting off (or when you return), you may want to explore these places:
- San Diego Zoo. The San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park is an adventure the whole family will enjoy.
- Museums. Just a few of the town’s many museums include the USS Midway Museum, Maritime Museum of San Diego, San Diego Museum of Art, and the 857 Whaley House Museum.
- Art Galleries. San Diego has a lively arts scene. Some art galleries include Spanish Village Art Center, Michael J Wolf Fine Arts, Subtext Gallery, and Sparks Gallery.
- Gardens. San Diego has many lovely gardens, such as the San Diego Botanic Garden, Balboa Park, Japanese Friendship Garden, Desert Garden, and Harper’s Topiary Garden.
Day 2 | Dana Point
On day two, you’ll cruise north to Dana Point, a lovely seaside town.
Things to do in Dana Point
There are a variety of activities you can do in Dana Point.
- Browse the eclectic boutiques at Dana Point Harbor
- Visit nearby Doheny State Beach and Salt Creek Beach
- Hike or bike the trails that wind through Dana Point Headlands Conservation Area.
After a long day of exploring, return to your private yacht and relax with a cool drink as you watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
Days 3 and 4 | Catalina Island
The following day, travel to Avalon on Catalina Island. This town has lots of shops, restaurants, and island tours. Visit beach bars and wineries, go ziplining, and see bison (yes, bison!). Later travel to Emerald Bay, a fantastic place for snorkeling and watersports. Stop at the rustic town of Two Harbors. Kayak, hike, snorkel, or relax.
Day 5 | San Diego
End Your San Diego to Catalina Itinerary
This San Diego to Catalina Itinerary is only a sample. We will work with you to create the perfect yacht charter vacation in California.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.