South Florida to Key West Itinerary
Visit the best Florida Keys on your South Florida to Key West Itinerary. The itinerary below is an example of one eight-day option. Your Captain will work with you to craft a unique itinerary based on your interests and the weather at the charter time.
Day 1 | South Florida to Key West Itinerary: Miami
There are endless activities in this dynamic city. Visit the famous South Beach, the Miami Seaquarium, or Little Havana. Then, board your yacht and settle in for a beautiful vacation.
Day 2 | Rodriguez Key
Anchor at Rodriguez Key. Generally, the waters here are warm and calm, which makes swimming and snorkeling a good activity. Rodriguez Key is near John Pennekamp State Park and Key Largo. Take the tender to Key Largo and swim with dolphins at Dolphins Plus.
Day 3 | Bahia Honda
Bahia Honda State Park is an Instagram-worthy destination on your South Florida to Key West Itinerary. It’s an ideal place to observe Florida wildlife. Other activities include:
- Sand and Sea Nature Center. A small center that introduces the island’s plants and animals.
- Snorkel. The park has some of the best snorkeling in the Florida Keys. You can see various sea life just a few hundred feet from the shore. You may see soft corals, small coral heads, tropical fish, queen conchs, and spiny lobster.
- Hike. One nature trail leads to the top of the Old Bahia Honda Bridge. Walk along the route that was once U.S. 1 leading up to the bridge. You get a panoramic view of the island from the top of the bridge. In addition, you have a bird’s-eye view of the water below.
Day 4 | Little Palm Island
Arrive at Little Palm Island Resort. This private island is an oasis of luxury in the Florida Keys. Enjoy the resort’s amenities, such as:
Day 5 | Marquesas Keys
The Marquesas Keys are a circular group of ten uninhabited islands about thirty miles west of Key West. Here, nature abounds both above and below the water. See rays, sharks, sea turtles, and bird life. Snorkel, fish, swim, or simply take in the beauty of this tropical paradise.
Days 6 and 7 | Dry Tortugas
As your yacht approaches the Dry Tortugas, you’ll be amazed at the enormous fort in the middle of the ocean. This remote National Park is home to Fort Jefferson, a Civil-war era fortification. Enjoy activities such as:
- A guided tour of the fort (or explore on your own)
- Basking in the sun on the beach
Day 8 | Key West
Day eight of your South Florida to Key West Itinerary brings you to the tropical destination of Key West. Besides the ever-popular Duval Street, be sure to explore more off-the-beaten-path areas like
- Bahama Village. Great dining, interesting shopping, and fun walking tours.
- Fort Zachary Taylor. This park has a lovely beach, good bird watching, wildlife viewing, and snorkeling.
Must-see in Key West:
- Sunset at Mallory Square
- Hemingway Home
- Harry S. Truman’s Little White House
- Smathers Beach
- Southernmost Point
This ends your South Florida to Key West Itinerary until next time.
The Exuma Islands and Cays in the Bahamas are an excellent alternative during the winter months for a yacht charter.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.