Hvar is Croatia’s most fashionable island destination. Located in Central Dalamatia, it is much-loved by sailing crews, who moor up in Hvar Town or Stari Grad on summer evenings. In Hvar Town, you must see the main square, rimmed with cafes and overlooked by the Renaissance cathedral.
After that, walk up to the Venetian-era hilltop fortress for stunning views of the fishing harbor.
Likewise, Stari Grad is a romantic huddle of old stone buildings and home to some excellent Dalmatian seafood restaurants. Stari Grad sits at the end of a long sheltered bay, and as a result, it has offered refuge to passing boats for over two millennia.
Hvar | Things to see and do
- Explore Hvar Town. Stroll through the romantic narrow stone alleys of the old town. Check out the 17th-century Theater above the Arsenal and the lovely Franciscan Monastery. If you plan to eat out, reserve a table in advance.
- Drop anchor off the Pakleni islets. The Pakleni archipelago lies immediately west of Hvar Town. Consisting of 16 uninhabited pine-scented islets, it offers sheltered bays and pebble coves, some with seasonal eateries and beach bars.
- Visit Stari Grad. Be sure to visit the Tvrdalj, a 15th-century Renaissance summer residence open to the public.
- See Hvar’s fragrant purple Lavender Fields. The lavender is at its best in May-June, and the flowers are harvested yearly in early June to make lavender oil.
- Try scuba diving with Aqualis Diving Center, based in Hvar Town.
- Go wine tasting. Visit Bastijana in Jelsa to sample Andro Tomic’s excellent red and white wines.
- Feast on traditional Dalmatian seafood at Macondo in Hvar Town; experience Creative Mediterranean cuisine at Toto’s on the Pakleni islets; and taste local specialties at Kod Damira or Jurin Podrum in Stari Grad.
ACI Marina Palmižana. Palmižana Marina, on the Sveti Klement (Pakleni islands), lies just 2.4 nautical miles from Hvar Town. Amenities include free Wi-Fi, laundry, a hair salon, a grocery store, bathrooms, a playground, ATM, and a restaurant.
ACI Marina Vrboska: Vrboska lies on Hvar’s north coast, close to Jelsa. The marina is located at the end of a deep narrow bay, affording good protection from all winds. Facilities include bathrooms, ATMs, car hire, bike hire, laundry, and free Wi-Fi. There are several restaurants nearby.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.