Rovinj is Istria’s prettiest and most-loved seaside destination. It lies on Istria’s sunny west coast. You might already be familiar with Croatia as one of the best yacht charter destinations, but if you’ve never been to Rovinj, it may be time to try it.
This quaint fishing village is on the Adriatic coast, just south of Venice, Italy, and north of Dubrovnik, Croatia. With its tiny streets and beautiful harbor location, Rovinj has a feel unlike any other place in Croatia, or even in Europe for that matter.
Rovinj Old Town sits on a tiny peninsula, which was initially an island. Pastel-colored Venetian-era facades rim the deep curving fishing harbor, overlooked by a lovely hilltop church. South from here, on the coast, are some of Croatia’s most luxurious contemporary hotels. Sailing crews moor up along Rovinj’s quayside to come ashore and explore its romantic cobbled alleys. Meanwhile, excursion boats shuttle tourists around the 14 green islets of the Rovinj archipelago.
Rovinj | Things to see and do
- Walk up through the pedestrian-only Old Town to the hilltop Church of St Euphemia. It was built in the Baroque style and completed in 1736. You have stunning views over the town and out to sea.
- Stroll down to the seafront via the Grisia, a steep stone alley lined by art galleries and souvenir shops.
- Check out Rovinj City Museum, a 17th-century Baroque palace displaying artworks from the 16th century to the 20th century.
- Visit the Batana House Eco-Museum to learn about Rovinj’s traditional batana fishing boats.
- Stroll through Zlatni Rt (Golden Cape Forest Park), planted with towering pines, cedars, and eucalyptus trees.
- Hire a car and drive inland to explore Istria’s wine roads.
- Dine on contemporary Croatian cuisine at Michelin-starred Monte, close to the hilltop church.
Marinas and Anchorages
- ACI Marina Rovinj. A modern marina is located in the southeastern part of the city’s port. Marina amenities also include a restaurant, swimming pool, and laundry services.
- The City Port offers berths for boats.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.