The town of Umag lies on Istria’s west coast, close to the border with Slovenia. The Old Town is compact, sitting within the remains of the 10th-century walls. In addition, a long sea wall from the 1800’s shelters the harbor.
Umag was declared European City of Sport 2018. Tennis enthusiasts much love it for its summer tennis camps. In addition, each July, Umag hosts the ATP Croatia Open Umag at the Plava Laguna tennis complex.
The SeaStar Festival is here in late-May, featuring rock, pop, electronic, techno, and hip-hop music.
Umag | Things to See and Do
- Firstly, explore Umag’s Old Town. See the main square, the 18h-century St. Pelegrin Church, and the Umag Municipal Museum in a former defense tower.
- Play tennis at Umag’s Plava Laguna resort, which has 26 tennis courts. Rental equipment and tuition are available.
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 18-hole Golf Club Adriatic in neighboring Savaudrija.
- Drive inland to Momjan for wine tasting at the excellent Kozlovic winery.
- In conclusion, dine at rustic Konoba Buscina. Try the specialty of northwest Istria, fresh scallops, followed by pasta with truffles.
Marinas and Anchorages
- ACI Marina Umag, located in the north part of the town’s port, is open all year. This 475-berth marina has won the “Tourism flower – Quality for Croatia” award and is a Blue Flag winner.
We can create a customized sailing itinerary if you wish to visit this area in Croatia. It can also be included if you start your charter from Venice with stops in Croatia. Our recommendation is at least a 14-day charter from Venice ending in Dubrovnik, Split, or maybe Montenegro.
Croatia offers many islands, a few rivers to explore, and its National Parks both on the water and on the mainland. Most importantly, we are there to make the arrangements for you.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.