Pag in North Dalmatia is the fifth-largest island in Croatia. Rocky and arid, it offers moon-like landscapes – sparse pastures with fragrant herbs, grazed by hardy sheep. This unique island is famed for its local culinary specialties: sheep cheese and roast lamb.
This town and Novalje are the two main settlements. Administratively, the island is divided into two counties, which is a bit confusing. Zadar County encompasses the south, including PagTown, while Lika-Senj County encompasses the north, including Novalje.
Pag | Places to see
- Visit the Gallery of Pag Lace in Pag Town. This traditional handmade lace is on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list.
- Visit the ancient Olive Gardens of Lun, on Pag’s northern tip. Here you can also buy olive oil direct from producers at Uljara Lun.
- See Talijanova buža, an original Roman aqueduct in Novalja. The aqueduct once supplied the town with water from surrounding fields.
- Church of St. Mary’s assumption in the city. This beautiful gothic three-nave basilica displays a sculpture of the Blessed Virgin.
Things to Do
- Learn about Paški sir or cheese-making when you take a tour of the Gligora dairy in Kolan. You can also sample this hard, distinctively flavored sheep cheese.
- Dine at Michelin-starred Boskinac to feast on contemporary dishes made from local ingredients, such as lamb, octopus, and olive oil.
- Spend a night partying under the stars at Zrce beach near Novalje. Known as one of the best party beaches in the world, Zrce hosts open-air summer music festivals, such as Hideout and Barrakud.
- Hire a bike and explore the cycling paths.
- Take a mud bath. The mud at Lokunja beach is said to have healing properties for skin and rheumatoid ailments.
ACI Marina Simuni. The marina is in the western part of the Island. Amenities include an ATM, free Wi-Fi, bathrooms, a grocery store, and nearby fuel.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.