North Dalmatia is a beautiful stretch of the Croatian coast that starts at the Kvarner Riviera runs down to Split, Croatia’s largest coastal city. This region has much to offer such as relaxing, sightseeing, dining, and more. Popular areas include Sibenik, Zadar, Kornati Islands, and Pag.
Just like the more visited areas of South Dalmatia, the North Dalmatia region has beautiful beaches, stunning national parks, and an abundance of historical sites. However, this area is less crowded.
North Dalmatia: Sightseeing and Things to do
- Enjoy water sports and waterfalls at Krka National Park.
- Visit Zadar, famed for its ancient monuments and more recently for the singing Sea Organ. Enjoy Zrce Beach and Tisno the clubbing highlight of Croatia.
- Go to Pag Island, unique for its moon-like landscape and thousands of sheep. Pag's cheese and winemaking are wonderful. It is also famed for its unique lace making.
- Sail between the unpopulated Kornati Islands a National Park.
- Explore Sibenik, recently made popular by being featured on the television series Game of Thrones. It is also home to the cathedral of St James that is on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Visit Plitvice Lakes National Parks another UNESCO World Heritage Site.