Warm Caribbean seas, brilliant white beaches, and lush tropical rainforests combined with mysterious Mayan temples and looming volcanoes all wait for you on a Central America Yacht Charter. You may want to move this destination to the top of your bucket list!
Central America has an overall humid, tropical climate with distinct dry and rainy seasons throughout the region. Temperatures in the hottest areas of the region typically top out just below 90 Fahrenheit.
Places to See:
- Corcovado National Park. If you’re a nature lover, this park is for you.
- Arenal Volcano. Geologically, this is considered a young volcano. It is estimated to be less than 7,500 years old. Arenal was dormant for hundreds of years however it erupted suddenly in 1968 and destroyed the town of Tabacón.
- Chiquibul Forest Reserve, Belize. Miles and miles of rugged forest, as well as Mayan ruins, and wild animals and birds.
Things to Do:
- Visit the beach in Belize.
- Windsurfing, rafting, or kayaking in Costa Rica. In addition, surfing is a favorite activity here.
- Birdwatch. In fact, there are nearly 900 species of birds here.
- Scuba dive. Central America has some of the best diving in the world. Even better, the conditions are good year-round.
While on a Central America Yacht Charter, be sure to try street food for authentic local cuisine. Indeed, other typical dishes include pupusa, a stuffed fried corn tortilla, which is very popular. Moreover, typically it has a filling of beans and cheese. Additionally, you can find Tamales, fish tacos, and gallo pinto (rice and beans) in most towns.