Telendos | Charming Islet Near Kalymnos
Life on Telendos is simply unrushed, away from crowds, fast food, and motor noises. It is a quiet haven just a short distance from Kalymnos. Spend the day walking under tamarisk trees on the seaside. You can also sit at the taverna or a restaurant with ouzo in hand.
Likewise, swim or snorkel in crystal clear waters, spear-gun fish, or sunbathe at any secluded coves dotted around the island. In fact, people consider it the friendliest island in the Aegean. In fact, with no roads, cars, or pollution, you may want to stay an extra day or two.
The best time to visit Telendos is from May until October, when it is pleasantly warm and has limited rainfall. The highest average temperature is 27°C in August, and the lowest is 15°C in January. Further, the water temperature is between 17°C and 31°C.
- Ancient Theater of Telendos: Get a glimpse of the island’s ancient past and enjoy scenic views in this landmark.
- Basilicas of Agios Vasilios, Agia Triada, and Pothia: These three well-preserved churches showcase the area’s rich historical and religious heritage.
- Church of Agios Konstantinos: Experience breathtaking panoramic views from this small church. The scattered ruins of the legendary Castle of Princess Potha surround this church.
- Telendos Town: While small, Telendos Town offers charming tavernas, restaurants, and shops where you can immerse yourself in local culture.
- Byzantine Chapel of Agios Ioannis: This charming Byzantine chapel provides a glimpse into the island’s religious history and structural heritage.
- Ruins of Ancient Telendos: Discover the remnants of the ancient settlement of Telendos. Immerse yourself in the island’s rich history.
- Telendos Castle: This landmark gives you a glimpse of the island’s history and offers awesome panoramic views.
- Ruins of Palatia: Delve into the history of Palatia while viewing ancient ruins and structures.
Things to do in Telendos
- Rock climb. A favorite pastime on Telendos is rock climbing. For climbing information on Telendos and Kalymnos, check out “Climb Kalymnos,” the primary resource for updates on the island.
- Hike. Explore the island’s scenic trails. They offer opportunities to discover Telendos’ natural beauty and hidden gems.
- Witness a breathtaking sunset from the serene Agio Georgios Chapel, creating a memorable and picturesque experience.
- Go to the beach. Visit local favorites such as Potha and Paradise. You can also check out Hohlakas, Pnigmenos, and Papa Mihalis. These sandy beaches offer lounge chairs and umbrellas for visitors.Paradise even has a tavern.
- Visit the coolest, loudest donkey in Greece, Odysseus. Be sure to bring him a sweet carrot.
- Birdwatch. Discover Telendos’ significance as an important bird migration area, particularly as part of the European Network of Natura 2000. Explore the island’s natural beauty while observing a diverse range of bird species.
While on Telendos, savor local products such as kopanisti and touloumotiri cheeses. Also, try fylla (a dish of vegetables stuffed with rice) and kakavia (a fish soup). Get a taste as well of mouri (a dish of stuffed lamb or goat) and taramosalata (fish roe dip)
For traditional Greek cuisine on Telendos, try Barba Stathis, a tavern directly on the harbor with a decidedly Greek ambiance. Check out another traditional restaurant in Cafe Restaurant Rita. It’s a family establishment serving authentic Greek meat and fish dishes.
Yet another nice restaurant is Zorba. It serves traditional Greek cuisine with a beautiful view of the harbor.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.