Corfu Yacht Charter
Long sandy beaches and quaint mountain villages make Corfu an island to love. It’s the second-largest Ionian island and includes the small satellite islands of Ereikoussa, Mathraki, and Othonoi. The central city on the island is named Corfu as well. It is a primary base for a Corfu Yacht Charter to explore Corfu, Lefkada, Kefalonia, Kythera, Zakynthos, Ithaki, and Paxos.
The Climate is the Mediterranean, with mild, rainy winters and hot, sunny summers. The daily average temperature ranges from 9.5 °C in January to 25 °C in August.
- The Achillion Palace is ideally located in the picturesque village of Gastouri.
- The Old Fortress of Corfu is one of the most impressive fortifications works in Europe, and it is the first thing visitors see as the ferry approaches Corfu.
- The Church of Saint Spyridon. A Greek Orthodox church was built in the 1580s; it houses Saint Spyridon’s relics, and its bell tower is the highest in the Ionian Islands.
- The Sea Shell Museum of Corfu is in a modern building about 2 kilometers from Benitses village, a popular tourist resort in Corfu.
- Paleokastritsa is arguably the most famous picturesque village on the island. In addition, olive tree forests surround Paleokastritsa’s beaches, creating a dramatic yet beautiful scene.
- Visit the Paleokastritsa Monastery for amazing views of the sea. You’ll find it on a remote cliff peninsula in the village of Paleokastritsa. Dating back to the early 1200s, the monastery is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
- Agios Stefanos is a long sandy beach in the region of Avliotes, 40 kilometers northwest of Corfu.
- Mount Pantokrator. At 906 meters, it is the highest mountain on the island. You can see Corfu and Albania at the summit, a short distance from the island.
- Scuba dive. The biodiverse marine life surrounding Corfu makes for superb scuba diving. You’ll find a colorful array of marine life, including animals such as octopus, shrimp, crayfish, and painted comber.
- Go to the beach. After a refreshing water dip, relax on the soft sand and enjoy the view. Voutoumi beach and Bataria Beach are two good choices.
- Shop. Things unique to the island include marble carvings, olive oil soap, leather sandals, honey, and dried herbs.
- Hike. Notably, the Corfu Trail offers excellent views.
- Windsurf. Surf Center Corfu offers rentals and lessons for windsurfing as well as kiteboarding.
Corfu Yacht Charter | Gastronomy
Traditional dishes are sofrito (veal cooked in wine sauce), grilled lamb, and pastitsada (veal or chicken meat cooked with fresh tomatoes, cinnamon, wine, onions, and spices. Moreover, try small meatballs made with potatoes, zucchini, fish, spices, or stuffed octopus and dolmadakia (stuffed grape leaves). Because it is an island, fish is naturally a popular ingredient in many dishes.
Additionally, Corfu is home to some excellent restaurants. Indeed with an international airport and ferry service, it is an ideal base to start your Corfu Yacht Charter to see the Ionian Islands of Greece.
Ionian Islands Sample Itineraries
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.