A name synonymous with luxury and beauty for centuries, Positano is a famous yacht charter stop along the Amalfi Coast, and for a good reason. From the water, you’ll witness colorful houses, hotels, and restaurants perched above the moon-shaped intimate beach below. On a private yacht charter, you can choose how to spend time exploring this exquisite location at your leisure.
A buzz is always in the air, accompanied by the sounds of sparkling wine being opened and the celebratory cheers that follow. Visit Italy’s Positano for the smell of fresh-caught seafood grilling, the intoxicating perfume of local lemons, and so much more. Delight all of your senses with a visit to this storied location in the Mediterranean.
Things To Do On A Positano Yacht Charter
- Hike the Pathway to the Gods, high above the iconic Amalfi Coast
- Have a beachside cocktail or glass of local wine while you watch the sunset over the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Go shopping at one of many boutiques. Find handmade leather shoes, bags, and fantastic local jewelry.
- Buy local ceramics and even see how they’re handmade and painted.
- Lounge on the Spiaggia Grande, a big beach, and watch the yachts and day boats cruise.
Where To Go In Positano
- Head up to the legendary Le Sirenuse hotel for a meal or drink with an incredible view and service.
- Visit the Church of Santa Maria Assunta and see gorgeous frescoes alongside stunning architecture.
- Go wine tasting at a local winery to learn about local grapes Fiano di Avellino and Greco di Tufo.
- Visit a local orchard and see how limoncello liquor is made. Of course, don’t forget to have a taste and bring home a bottle or two for friends and family.
- Head to Fornillo beach for a local slice of culture and a chat with a local fisherman.
- Visit Capri nearby for an incredible and luxurious island experience.
- Explore the MAR Archeological Museum and tour the magnificent Roman Villa.
- Cruise the coast, visiting Amalfi, the inland city of Ravello, and the larger port city of Salerno.
When To Visit Italy
The Summer months of June through August usher in the warmest temperatures, longest days, and height of the yacht charter season along the coast. This also means all the top bars, restaurants, wineries, orchards, shops, and other activities are guaranteed to be open. While temperatures during the day are typically in the high 80s, the night brings cool breezes to refresh you on and off your boat.
Spring or Fall
For those looking for a more tranquil experience, the shoulder seasons are best for a visit to Positano and the Amalfi Coast. Additionally, the cooler temperatures allow for much more rigorous activities, like hikes, without the risk of heat exhaustion and sunburn. May and early June, in particular, provide a landscape of bright flowers and lush greenery.
On the opposite shoulder, September also provides a lovely experience, with warm waters and local events. The crowds have subsided, and the weather is still perfect for chartering.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.