The town of Mystic got its name from the Pequot term “missi-tuk,” describing a large river whose waters are driven into waves by tides or wind. Settled in 1654, this Connecticut town was once a shipbuilding seaport village and a safe harbor for tall ships to weather the storm.
Places to see
- Visit Mystic Seaport, the nation’s largest maritime museum and home to Charles W. Morgan, the last wooden whaleship in the world.
- Spend the day at the Aquarium, home to New England’s only beluga whales.
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center. Get back to nature and hike, birdwatch, or enjoy a walk in the woods.
Things to do
- Shop and dine in Olde Mistick Village, an area of more than 50 unique shops and eateries in distinctive buildings designed to represent an 18th-century New England village.
- Explore Downtown Mystic, where you’ll find more than 80 specialty shops and restaurants, plus the landmark Mystic River Basule Bridge.
- Visit Schooner Argia, an 81-foot traditional sailing ship with cruises down the Mystic River and into Fishers Island Sound.
In Mystic, the summers are warm and humid; the winters are very cold, wet, and windy; and it is partly cloudy year-round. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 23°F to 80°F and is rarely below 8°F or above 87°F.
Safe Harbor Mystic Marina: Complimentary Wi-Fi, shore power hookups, fresh water hookups, cable TV hookups, fuel
Mystic Downtown Marina: Walking distance to downtown, laundry, restrooms and showers, ice, Wi-Fi, cable TV, picnic area with multiple gas and charcoal grills, patio dock, pet friendly, pump-out boat available on request, fuel available nearby
Fort Rachel Marina: Offers 110 storm-protected boat slips that accommodate vessels up to 60 ft. Each slip has its shore power hook-up, cable TV, water, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Professional dock staff, onsite Service Department for maintenance and repairs.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.