Connecticut is a fantastic New England Yacht Charter destination, from green forested hills to sandy shorelines and busy urban cities to quiet rural farms. In addition, a yacht charter in northeastern Connecticut offers the chance to combine your charter with destinations in Rhode Island. However, a charter in the southwestern part of the nutmeg state can afford you to combine it with visits to Long Island destinations like the famed Hamptons.
The waters and coastline around Connecticut are incredibly varied, as are the towns. You can spend time on exciting water sports experiences like kayaking, fishing, and diving. In addition, there are plenty of opportunities to explore the nearby islands. And check out all the charming coastal towns in Connecticut. Each area is unique, with the majority attributing their roots to Native Americans.
Clinton and Essex | New England Small-Town Charm
Mystic, Connecticut | A Captivating Destination
Stonington | A Voyage through Maritime History
Connecticut | Climate
The climate in Connecticut is temperate, with mild winters and warm summers. The January mean temperature is 27°F, and the July mean is 70°F. Coastal areas have warmer winters and cooler summers than the interior.
Places to see on a Connecticut Yacht Charter
- Visit historical sites like The Mark Twain House, Gillette Castle State Park, or the Florence Griswold Museum.
- Dine at the Oyster Club in Mystic or the Whitecrest Eatery in Stonington.
- Mystic Seaport and nearby Mystic Aquarium.
- In Hartford, see the house where Mark Twain lived and wrote many famous works such as The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court.
- Visit the home of Yale University in New Haven, or tour the tony waterfront neighborhoods of Greenwich.
- New London Harbor: This bustling harbor offers various attractions and activities. A popular spot for fishing and sightseeing, it’s also a great place to visit shops, restaurants, and bars.
- Sail to the Thimble Islands, off of Branford. Set out on a journey through this archipelago of small islands in Long Island Sound. With its many coves and rocky shorelines, it’s a great spot for fishing, kayaking and exploring nature.
- Fishers Island Sound, and Fishers Island. With its spectacular views, this secluded area is perfect for an enjoyable day out on the water. And hidden coves and sandy beaches provide plenty of space to explore and swim. You'll be delighted by lighthouses and rock formations as well.
- Lighthouse Point, New Haven: Cruise along Connecticut’s famous coastline and take in stunning views of the area’s many lighthouses. This picturesque area offers many activities, such as kayaking, swimming, and bird-watching.
Things to do
- Kayak in one of many bays and rivers that adjoin the Long Island Sound.
- Visit Hammonasset Beach State Park, the state's largest shoreline park. With over two miles of the beach, you'll find a lovely boardwalk, concession stand, and picnic area.
- Tour the Plum Bank Marsh and beaches in Old Saybrook. See wildlife and relax on uncrowded beaches.
- Visit Rocky Neck State Park in East Lyme.
- Play a round of seaside golf in Old Lyme.
- Go fishing in the Long Island Sound. Your crew will find the best spots to catch bluefish and striped bass.
Iconic Food and Drinks to Try
- Have lunch at Louis' Lunch in New Haven. While not a large restaurant, the Library of Congress says this restaurant is the birthplace of the hamburger!
- Sip local craft beer. Visit Two Roads Brewery in Stratford, or request it at one of your stops.
- Try some delicious thin-crust New Haven-style pizza at Sally's!
- Have a Connecticut-style warm lobster roll with butter.
- Go hiking and biking at Bluff Point Park in Groton.
Connecticut Yacht Charter | Marinas
Connecticut has many well-equipped marinas:
- Saybrook Point Marina
- Mystic Downtown Marina
- Cedar Island Marina.
- New London Marina/
Moreover, you can explore the New England Coast on Newport Boat Charter Sea Axis this summer.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.