Connecticut is a fantastic destination for your New England Yacht Charter, from green forested hills to sandy shorelines and busy urban cities to quiet rural farms. In addition, a yacht charter in northeastern Connecticut offers the chance to combine your charter with destinations in Rhode Island. However, a charter in the southwestern part of the nutmeg state can afford you to combine it with visits to Long Island destinations like the famed Hamptons.
Clinton and Essex
Connecticut | Climate
Connecticut has a temperate climate, with mild winters and warm summers. The January mean temperature is 27°F and the July mean is 70°F. Coastal areas have warmer winters and cooler summers than the interior.
Places to see
- Visit historical sites such as The Mark Twain House, Gillette Castle State Park, or the Florence Griswold Museum.
- Dine at the Oyster Club in Mystic or the Whitecrest Eatery in Stonington.
- Mystic Seaport and nearby Mystic Aquarium.
- In Hartford, see the house where Mark Twain lived and wrote many famous works such as The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court.
- Visit the home of Yale University in New Haven, or tour the tony waterfront neighborhoods of Greenwich.
Things to do
- Kayak near one of Connecticut's many waterfalls.
- Visit Hammonasset Beach State Park, the state's largest shoreline park. With over two miles of the beach, you'll find a lovely boardwalk, concession stand, and picnic area.
- Have lunch at Louis' Lunch in New Haven. While not a large restaurant, the Library of Congress says this restaurant is the birthplace of the hamburger!
Connecticut | Marinas
Connecticut has many well-equipped marinas, including Saybrook Point Marina, Mystic Downtown Marina, and Cedar Island Marina.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.