Charming Stonington, Connecticut, makes for a relaxing stop on your New England Yacht Charter. This town may be small, but it offers plenty to do. Add this town to your itinerary, from eclectic shops to historical sites, restaurants, and art galleries.
The most pleasant months to visit Stonington are from May to September. On average, the warmest months are July and August. The coldest month is January, with an average maximum temperature of 17°F. October is the rainiest month.
Places to see
- Sample wines and take a tour at Stonington Vineyards.
- Browse the Stonington Farmers Market and find fresh fruit, vegetables, cheese, bread, wine, pasta, honey, syrup, jams, hot sauces, and much more!
- Take a hike on the Barn Island Wildlife Management Area Trail. This area is Connecticut’s single largest coastal property managed for wildlife conservation.
Things to do
- Enjoy a picnic on Enders Island. This 11-acre island serves as a Catholic retreat facility. However, all are welcome to enjoy the grounds.
- Visit the Old Lighthouse Museum. Climb the tower for a fantastic view of the Atlantic and three states – CT, RI, and NY. Tickets also include admission to the Captain Nathaniel B. Palmer House Museum.
- Stop by The Velvet Mill, home to a thriving creative community of artists, entrepreneurs, and businesses. In fact, the Velvet Mill offers visual arts, design, unique crafts, creative classes, health and healing services, fitness classes, and professional services. The Mill is also home to an artisanal bakery, an award-winning nano-brewery, a wood-fired pizza restaurant, an espresso bar, and a new bistro-style restaurant.
Stonington On The River: At this small marina, space is limited to 102 slips accommodating boats up to 44 feet in length. Amenities include ice, restrooms, wide floating docks, electricity, water, Wi-Fi, picnic tables, grills, basketball, a pool, and a dinghy dock. Additionally, the marina has an air-conditioned clubhouse with laundry facilities and a book/TV room.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.