Belfast, Maine | Coastal Luxury Retreat
Belfast, Maine, was once a prosperous shipbuilding center, and today the city is a vibrant cultural center with artists, writers, and craftspeople. The downtown area offers many places to shop, dine, or enjoy the laid-back artist community vibe.
In 1770, the town was settled by Scottish-Irish families from Londonderry, New Hampshire. After running into British soldiers who had just attacked Massachusetts, terrified settlers abandoned the town. However, nearly twenty years later, they returned and built a thriving town to supply the surrounding area with all necessities.
This quiet and charming town is at the northwest corner of Penobscot Bay, an option on your Maine luxury yacht charter.
The most pleasant months of the year are June, July, and August. There are three comfortable months with high temperatures in the range of 70-85°. July is the hottest month, with an average high temperature of 77.1°, ranking it cooler than most places in Maine. January is the snowiest month, with 18.0 inches of snow. There are a few days during the summer when the humidity becomes unpleasant.
Places to see in Belfast
- The Belfast Rail Trail on the Passagassawaukeag River. The Rail Trail follows the route of the Belfast & Moosehead Lake Railroad, a passenger and freight line that operated from 1871 to 2007 between Belfast and Burnham Junction.
- Moosepoint State Park. The park has panoramic views, hiking trails, tidal pools, and picnicking facilities.
- Belfast Historical Society and Museum: Delve into Belfast’s intriguing past by visiting the Belfast Historical Society and Museum. Located in a historic sea captain’s mansion, this museum offers a fascinating glimpse into the town’s maritime heritage and the lives of its early settlers. Explore exhibits featuring maritime artifacts, vintage photographs, and stories highlighting Belfast’s role as a shipbuilding and trading hub in the 19th century.
Things to Do in Belfast
- Stroll the new Belfast Harbor Walk.
- Shop the United Farmers Market of Maine, a year-round indoor farmer’s market.
- Discover the city’s history at the Museum in the Streets.
- Attend a festival. If your luxury yacht charter coincides with one of Belfast’s lively festivals or events, you’re in for a treat. The town hosts annual celebrations showcasing its vibrant arts and cultural scene.
- The Belfast Harbor Fest, held in August, features live music, boat races, and maritime-themed activities.
- The Maine Celtic Celebration in July is a must-visit for fans of Celtic music, dance, and traditions.
Marinas | Belfast
Front Street Shipyard has slips for yachts up to 200 feet, water and 30-, 50- and 100-amp shore power, and 100-amp three-phase power available on the docks, free Wi-Fi, dinghy tie-up, parking, shower facilities, and lounge area.
Belfast Marina is open from May 10th to October 10th and offers 28 slips, electricity, water, an off-site shower, and a restroom within walking distance of downtown.
Include this stop on your New England charter itinerary.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.