Maine is the northernmost state in the northeastern United States. It is known for its scenic, jagged, mostly rocky coastline, low, rolling mountains, heavily forested interior, and picturesque waterways. Here you’ll find the freshest seafood such as fish, lobsters, and clams.
Bar Harbor Yacht Charter
Boothbay Yacht Charters
Portland Yacht Charter
The Maine coast juts out to sea and curves inland with hundreds of harbors, inlets, and rivers. With over 5,000 miles of coast including islands, the best way to explore is on a yacht charter.
Things to see and do
- Visit Baxter State Park. For outdoor enthusiasts, spend a night watching stars and listening to the quiet wilderness at this park, where the 5267-foot mountain forms the bedrock of one of the most unique state parks in the country.
- Go white-water rafting on the Kennebec River.
- Ski Sugarloaf Mountain in the wintertime.
- Explore the Maine Maritime Museum on the banks of the Kennebec River in historic Bath.
- Take a walk with your dog on one of Maine's many pet-friendly beaches.
- Boost your well-being at a luxurious spa or wellness retreat.
- Sail the coast and enjoy secluded bays, fresh fish, and lobster.
Climate and Weather
Maine has a humid continental climate with warm, humid summers and cold winters. Summers have an average high temperature of 70°F (21.1°C) in the peak of July. Nights are comfortable during the summer season.
Winters are cold with average low temperatures of 12°F (-11.1°C) in January with abundant snowfall throughout the state. Spring is a little rainy with warm temperatures, while autumn is colder than the summer. The average annual rainfall in the state is 76" (1930.4mm). Snowfall averages 75" (1905mm) during the winter, mainly from November to February. Coastal areas rarely have 15 to 20 annual days where the snowfall exceeds 1" (25.4mm), although a typical Northeaster storm may deposit more than 10" (254mm) of snow in a day.
Maine has about 203 sunny days a year. Northern and western Maine is usually colder during the winter than the coastal parts of the state due to the proximity of the Atlantic Ocean. The coasts are generally colder than the interiors during the summer. Precipitation is evenly distributed throughout the year in most parts of the state, while coastal Maine usually has dry summers.
Some popular marinas in Maine include Fore Points Marina in Portland, The Harborside Hotel, Spa & Marina in Bar Harbor, Landings Marina in Rockland, and Boothbay Harbor Marina in Boothbay.
Let us help you arrange your Maine yacht charter vacation. Contact Us at 321-777-1707.