Southwest Harbor, Maine, is a mellow district located on Mount Desert Island. Several villages comprise the area: Southwest Harbor, Manset, Seawall, Wonderland, and Pemetic Hills.
Places to see
- Shop downtown. Here you will find crafts, cafes, and unique shops.
- Canoe, Kayak, or SUP around the scenic Southwest Harbor and Somes Sound. In addition to active adventures, you can also spend quiet time on the beach.
- Browse local Acadian art galleries, Clark Point Gallery, and Acadia Photo School to see local artists’ beautiful depictions of the sailboats, granite cliffs, and rocky shores of Acadia.
Southwest Harbor: Things to do
- See the annual Butterfly Release in July at Charlotte Rhoades Garden and Butterfly Park.
- Take a ferry to Islesboro on Little Cranberry Island, then take a walk around the island. Afterward, enjoy lunch or dinner at the Isleford Dock restaurant.
The highest average temperature in Southwest Harbor for July is 67 degrees. The lowest average temperature for January is 24 degrees. October is the rainiest month. The air quality index here is excellent, and it is 30% better than the national average.
Southwest Harbor | Marinas
Dysarts Great Harbor Marina offers 50 berth floating concrete docks, transient and seasonal rates for boats 30 to 180+ feet, 30 / 50 / 100 AMP+3 phase shore power, and line handling docking assistance. In addition, you will find private showers and restrooms, picnic tables, BBQ grills, laundry, ice, ultra-low sulfur marine diesel fuel, fresh water, free Wi-Fi, live lobsters, mail, FedEx and UPS shipping, pump-out facilities, restaurants, excellent cell phone coverage, AT+T 3G coverage, shore-side crew accommodations for rent, captain’s house with harbor views for rent.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.