Visit Camden, Maine, during your yacht charter. This picturesque town is nestled at the foot of Camden Hills on Penobscot Bay. The area is so pretty that many visitors consider Camden one of the most beautiful places in New England. The town is a haven for ocean lovers, shoppers, and outdoor enthusiasts. In the summer, the population more than triples due to tourists and seasonal residents.
Camden | Places to see
- Take a boat tour and visit one of Camden’s outlying islands, such as Isleboro, Vinalhaven, North Haven, or Isle Au Haut.
- Visit one of the 18 lighthouses within a 40-mile radius of Camden.
- Shop downtown. Some unique shops include Sea Bags, where nautically inspired totes and accessories are made from old boat sails, Starbird for fine decor, and The Cashmere Goat, a yarn shop offering a variety of local yarns.
- Go to Camden Hills State Park, where you’ll find stunning views of the town, Penobscot Bay, and surrounding islands. You can see Cadillac Mountain at Acadia National Park on a clear day.
Camden | Things to do
- Beachcomb, sunbathe or swim at a beach such as Barret’s Cove or Laite Memorial Beach.
- Explore a museum. The Farnsworth Art Museum and the Center for Maine Contemporary Art guide visitors through ever-changing exhibits featuring some of New England’s finest art collections and artists. The Owls Head Transportation Museum exhibits some of the most unique collections of working antique aircraft, automobiles, bicycles, carriages, motorcycles, and engines anywhere in the world.
In Camden, the summers are comfortable, the winters are freezing and windy, and it is partly cloudy year-round. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 14°F to 75°F and is rarely below -1°F or above 83°F. The best time for your Camden yacht charter is summer.
Camden | Marinas
- Camden Yacht Club: The Camden Yacht Club facility has served the boating community since the early 1900s. Itinerate moorings and inner harbor floats are available to the general public at a fee.
- Landings Marina: The Landings Marina maintains 13 moorings for yachts up to 65 feet. Convenient dinghy docks are available at the marina. All marina facilities are available for mooring guests.
- Lyman-Morse Marina: Available for short- and long-term rental, this marina offers 37 slips for boats up to 55 feet. They offer 1500 feet of dockage and 39 moorings and inner harbor floats.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.