The Berry Islands Bahamas consist of a landmass that totals just over twelve square miles. Many of the 30 cays that comprise the islands are perfect for your Berry Islands yacht charter. You’ll find fantastic snorkeling, hiking, diving, and beachcombing. The main islands are, from north to south, Great Stirrup Cay, Cistern Cay, Great Harbour Cay, Anderson Cay, Haines Cay, Hoffmans Cay, Bond’s Cay, Sandy Cay, Whale Cay, and Chub Cay.
The Berry Islands are so secluded, in fact, they are only accessible by boat or private plane. There are two main settlements here: Great Harbour to the North, and Chub Cay to the south – each has private airstrips and marina facilities. Just 700 or so people live in this paradise of perfect beaches and exotic wildlife.
The summers are hot, humid, wet, and mostly cloudy. The winters are comfortable, humid, windy, and mostly clear. The temperature typically varies from 67°F to 88°F and is rarely below 57°F or above 91°F.
Berry Islands: Things to see and do
- Fish at Chub Cay.
- Dive the blue hole at Hoffmann’s Cay.
- Beachcomb along the seven miles of secluded beaches in Great Harbour Cay.
- Take a boat tour on Berry Island Tours. This narrated tour will take you on a trip through the waters of Great Stirrup Cay and nearby islands. You can see stingrays and sharks in their natural habitat.
- Go parasailing.
- Taste local conch at Mr. Tropical’s Conch Stand. Known as the tropical Conch Salad king, Mr. Tropical creates a variety of conch salads to please his guests.
- If your Berry Islands yacht charter takes you to Shark Creek, be sure to keep an eye out. Not only will you find abundant marine life such as fish, stingrays, and sea turtles, you’ll also find sharks.
Great Harbour Cay Marina has 65 slips nestled inside a serene harbor and can accommodate yachts up to 150 feet. This “Hurricane Hole” is one of the most protected marinas in the Bahamas. Marina amenities include ice, showers, laundry, Wi-Fi internet access, bar, and restaurant. Additionally, there’s 24-hour security cameras, grocery store, golf cart rental, and car rentals.
Chub Cay Resort & Marina is at the southernmost tip of the Berry Islands. Located next to The Pocket and the Tongue of the Ocean, Chub Cay is known as the “Billfish Capital of the Bahamas.” This newly renovated 109 slip marina can accommodate up to 190′ yachts with upgraded power units and 30/50/100 amp power available. In addition, you’ll find water, fuel, ice and high- speed internet, and a fully-stocked store.