Discover Paradise: Bimini Islands Yacht Charter Adventures
Bimini is the westernmost district of the Bahamas, consisting of two main islands — North and South — and numerous cays. It is the closest Bahamian island to Florida, and, like the Abacos, it is well known for deep-sea fishing. A Bimini Islands Yacht Charter takes you to some of the most beautiful waters in the world.
The Bimini Islands offer a laid-back vibe and plenty of opportunities to be as active or relaxed as you’d like.
The Bimini Islands’ summers are hot, humid, wet, and mostly cloudy. The winters are comfortable, humid, windy, and mostly clear. Over the year, the temperature varies from 67°F to 88°F, and it is rarely below 57°F or above 91°F.
Bimini Islands | Things to See and Do
- See the Sapona Shipwreck. The SS Sapona was a concrete-hulled cargo steamer that ran aground near the Bimini Islands during a storm in 1926. In addition, the ship’s wreck is a popular site for scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Take a dip in the Fountain of Youth. Spanish explorer Juan Ponce De Leon supposedly discovered this famous site, and the waters are believed to have youth-restoring properties.
- Walk the mile-long Bimini Nature Trail at the Bimini Sands Resort & Marina. A professional guide shares fun facts about the island’s indigenous plants and animals. Additionally, self-guided tours are available along the trail. It is an easy route and takes about a half hour to complete.
- Visit the Dolphin House Museum. This unique museum is a Bahamian national treasure and a well-known landmark. This “Poem In Stone” is a dolphin and ocean-inspired museum built over the last 27 years using recycled, salvaged, and donated materials.
- Sunbathe on Radio Beach. This lovely beach has soft white sand and calm water. The nearby coral reef protects the beach from ocean currents, making it an excellent spot for wading and swimming. Near the beach, you can purchase ready-made seafood and have a picnic.
- Try Conch Salad. Visitors rave about the conch salad at Joe’s Conch Shack.
- Visit the Bimini Islands Museum. The building was once the Commissioner’s Office and jail but was abandoned in 1974. It now displays relics such as old cannon balls, photographs of Ernest Hemingway, and artifacts from the old Rod & Gun Club.
Bimini Islands | Marinas
Browns Marina has deep water access and slips up to 145 feet. 3 Phase 100/50/30 Amp Electrical Service, Wi-Fi, tiki hut bar, air-conditioned shower, and bathroom facilities. In addition, the marina offers 24-hour security, a gated volleyball area, a picnic area, and scenic views of the ocean and inlet.
Bimini Sands Marina is fully protected and a deep water marina that features full utilities, free Wi-Fi, deep draft 8-foot entry at low tide, a grocery store, and the Petite Conch restaurant.
Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina has 75 slips for yachts up to 140 ft with one slip for up to 160, electricity, water, Wi-Fi, and ice. This Bimini Islands marina also offers deep sea, bonefishing, offshore reef fishing, a dive center, and more.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.