Little Exuma is only twelve square miles. It is here that scenes from two of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies were filmed.
Little Exuma summers are hot and humid. The winters are very comfortable and mostly clear. It is windy year-round. The temperature typically varies from 70°F to 88°F and is rarely below 65°F or above 90°F.
Little Exuma: Things to see and do
- Eat at Santana’s Grill Pit, an open-air beach shack restaurant. Local favorites include cracked lobster, cracked conch, shrimp, grilled grouper, peas and rice, and macaroni and cheese.
- Visit the salt lake near Williams Town. Here, salt was once harvested and shipped abroad.
- Hike old footpaths and look for ruins of old plantation buildings such as the Hermitage Estate.
- Stand on the line that marks the Tropic of cancer at the Tropic of Cancer Beach, also called Pelican’s Bay Beach.
- Explore Moriah Harbour Cay National Park. The marine environment includes a wide array of habitats, including sand dunes, pristine beaches, mangrove creeks, and seagrass beds.
- Spend the afternoon at Forbes Hill Beach, a lovely secluded beach.
- To see the best of the Exumas, book a tour with Sun Fun Tours.
The closest marina to Little Exuma is on Great Exuma Island.