Marina Cay is a small BVI island between Camanoe Island and Scrub Island. Although recent hurricanes impacted it, it is still an idyllic spot to spend a day soaking up the sun. The anchorage offers excellent snorkeling. you have underwater lights at night, it’s like an aquarium.
The island was completely destroyed by Hurricane Irma in 2017. Before Hurricane Irma, Marina Cay was home to Pusser’s Restaurant and Villa Rentals. Today there is only a fuel dock and a wooden pier for taxi boats.
Marina Cay: Things to See and Do
- Enjoy the tropical beauty. You can see the surrounding islands and the airplanes landing at Beef Island airport.
- Snorkel. There is excellent snorkeling on the reef around the island. And, there’s an underwater red phone booth! It was once an icon on the shore but was blown into the water by Hurricane Irma. Mingle with colorful reef fish. You may see Yellowtail Snapper, Sharpnose Puffer, and Spotted Goatfish. You may even spot a green turtle.
- SUP, kayak, or drift around the cay on a floating mat. The scenery is spectacular.
- Shop. When at anchor, look for Aragorn’s boat shop. This unique floating boutique travels from boat to boat, offering various crafts, fresh bread, and tropical organic fruits. Aragorn also has a store on the shore.
- Visit Cardamom & Co, in the Marriott Resort on Scrub Island for lunch or dinner. This highly-rated restaurant offers Caribbean, seafood, and international cuisine.
- Stop at nearby Cam Bay national park and look for birds and other protected wildlife.
Like other islands in the BVI, this island enjoys warm to hot days year-round. Passing rain showers and light breezes help keep you cool.
There are no marinas on Marina Cay. However, moorings are available. The closest marina is on Scrub Island.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.