St Kitts and Nevis | Twin-Island Beauties
St Kitts and Nevis is a twin-island nation located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Cloud-shrouded mountains, lush rainforests, and beaches create striking views. Former sugar plantations that are now inns dot the islands. Mount Liamuiga dominates St. Kitts, the larger of the two islands.
Nevis is the smaller and more serene of the two islands. The island offers many sandy beaches, including palm-fringed Pinney’s Beach and sheltered Oualie Beach. On Nevis, colorfully painted houses dot the landscape. Both islands have genuinely welcoming people, cool tropical breezes, and plenty of things to see and do.
St Kitts and Nevis have beautiful weather all year round. With its tropical climate, the temperature usually stays between 25-30 degrees Celsius (77-86 Fahrenheit). The months between December and April are driest, while the other months are generally rainy.
There’s also a very mild risk of hurricanes from June to November. The nights can be cool and pleasant, especially during the winter months.
St Kitts and Nevis | Places to see
- Taste fresh farm-to-table Caribbean cuisine at Belle Mont Farms.
- Basseterre, the capital. Here visit St. George’s Anglican Church, Independence Square, and the National Museum.
- Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park. This UNESCO World Heritage site dates from the 1690s.
- Central Forest Reserve National Park
- Fairview Great House and Botanical Gardens
- St. Kitts Eco-Park. Lovely park with a topiary maze, rose and herb gardens, and educational exhibits.
St Kitts and Nevis | Things to do
- Head to Historic Bath Village on Nevis for a dip in the therapeutic hot springs.
- Shop at the Caribelle Batik store. Here, artisans hand-print fabrics using 2500-year-old batik techniques from Indonesia.
- Visit the Amazing Grace Experience at Sandy Point. Learn how Captain John Newton came to write the hymn “Amazing Grace.”
- On Nevis, take a hike to Nevis Peak. This dormant volcano has not erupted in modern times.
- Scuba dive. Pro Divers St Kitts is a PADI 5-Star Dive Center where you can rent equipment and participate in organized dive trips.
You can enjoy various local and native cuisines on St Kitts and Nevis. Caribbean-style dishes include fresh fish, conch, jerk chicken, callaloo, fresh fruit, and vegetables. The area has abundant seafood, so you can find some delicious lobster, crab, and crayfish dishes.
Here are a few restaurants we recommend:
- Marshall’s Restaurant (St. Kitts): Marshall’s is famous for its elegant yet relaxed atmosphere and its emphasis on using local ingredients. The diverse menu includes Caribbean and international cuisine.
- Spice Mill (St. Kitts): Right on the beach, Spice Mill is renowned for its stunning oceanfront views and delicious Caribbean-inspired cuisine. The menu features a mix of fresh seafood, grilled meats, and creative dishes infused with local flavors.
- Yachtsman Grill (Nevis): Yachtsman Grill, in the historic Nelson’s Spring Plantation on Nevis, offers a scenic setting and exceptional food. The restaurant specializes in seafood and steak.
Marinas | St Kitts and Nevis
Christophe Harbour Marina is one of the newest megayacht marinas in the Caribbean. Easy access from St. Kitts International Airport on some of the best roads in the Caribbean. The new Grand Hyatt hotel is within 10 minutes of the marina.
- Protected entrance with a safe inner harbor.
- Wide turning basin.
- VIP Customs and Immigration Services.
- Marina Village with shops and restaurants.
- When completed, there will be 250 berths, with 50 for super-yachts up to 250 feet.
- 24-hour security.
Saint Kitts and Nevis are two islands you could visit when sailing from Antigua to St. Martin.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.