Nice, France, is one of the most important ports on the French Riviera. The city’s Mediterranean shores attract beach lovers, history buffs, and art aficionados.
Nice | Climate
The city enjoys pleasant temperatures year-round. The summers are warm, humid, dry, and mostly clear, and the winters are cold and partly cloudy. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 41°F to 82°F. Even though the weather is usually warm, you may want to pack a jacket for the occasional windy or rainy afternoon.
Places to see
- This is a paradise for art lovers. Museums include the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Nice (fine-art museum in a 19th-century mansion with paintings by van Loo and Monet, plus sculptures by Rodin), Modern and Contemporary Art Museum (MAMAC), Musée Matisse ( Matisse paintings), and the Marc Chagall National Museum.
- Cours Saleya Flower Market. This long-running outdoor market features fresh-cut flowers, local produce, and food products.
- St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral (Cathedrale Orthodoxe Russe St. Nicolas) is a Byzantine-style place of Orthodox worship and gardens.
Things to do
- Climb to the top of Castle Hill Colline du Chateau for the fantastic views from the top.
- Hit the beach. Try Blue Beach for watersports, such as wakeboarding and water skiing. Or if you’re traveling with the kids, try Le Voilier Plage. This expansive beach has a playground and restaurant.
- Enjoy the view from Parc d’Estienne d’Orves, a wooded hilltop park famous for its scenic views of Nice and the sea.
- Stroll the Promenade des Anglais, or English Walk, which is a two-mile stretch alongside Nice’s beachfront.
- Cool off with an ice cream cone at Azzurro.
- Party. Nice boasts some of the best nightlife in the Cote d’Azur.
In Nice, the food is lighter than in other French cities. Niçois cuisine combines traditional French ingredients, fresh cheeses, meat, and vegetables with a touch of Mediterranean flavor. Fine restaurants, small cafes, and even food trucks reflect Nice’s delicious cuisine culture.
Nice | Marinas
- Port of Nice. The Port of Nice is a big city marina that can offer accommodation for megayachts and everything in between.
- Port de St Jean Cap Ferrat. Port Saint Jean Cap Ferrat has 581 moorings for yachts up to 30m in length and a maximum draft of 4m. Amenities include water, electricity, a fuel dock, chandlery, showers, free Wi-Fi, and video surveillance. Nearby you’ll find upmarket shops, markets, boutiques, and restaurants.
- Port de Beaulieu-Sur-Mer. Port de Beaulieu-Sur-Mer accommodates boats up to 40m. This popular marina has excellent facilities and a wide range of restaurants, bars, and shops.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.