When you think of a luxury yacht charter vacation, Monaco may not be the first place that comes to mind. While perhaps more famous for other reasons, including the Grand Prix, Monaco is also a worthwhile charter destination. What makes it so, you ask? We are here to unveil many of the things you can see and do in Monaco. For starters, just imagine waking up on the sun-soaked shores of the French Riviera to an incredible panoramic view. Combine that with luxury amenities, shopping, dining, and entertainment; you’re bound to have an exciting vacation aboard a luxury yacht charter in Monaco.
The Districts of Monaco
Today, in modern Monaco, land has been claimed from the sea in order to extend the city’s area. There are five distinct districts to explore.
- Monaco Town. The municipality of Monaco is the only administrative division of Monaco, and it is coterminous with the entire state.
- Monte-Carlo. The Monte Carlo Casino is located in this district.
- Fontvieille. Fontvieille is the southernmost district in Monaco.
- La Condamine. La Condamine (the heart of Monaco) is the central district of Monaco. Its landmarks include Port Hercules, the Rainier III Nautical Stadium, and the Princess Antoinette Park.
- Le Larvotto. Larvotto is the easternmost district of Monaco. It is part of the quarter of Monte Carlo.
Monaco’s Top Attractions
You’ll find some of Monaco’s top attractions – Le Rocher, St. Nicholas Cathedral, Fontvieille, and Oceanographic Museum — around Le Port Hercules at one end of town, while Place du Casino lies at its heart. Here you can see some stunning buildings that are centuries old but remain beautiful even today. The surroundings are spectacular and perfect for taking some memorable photos.
At every corner you turn in Monaco you will find an amazing view or more luxurious hotels that add to its charm. If you have time make sure to visit Villa Sauber and Hôtel de Paris.
Catch a race, from the comfort of your own private yacht. Take a charter trip in May and bask in the energy and splendor of the Grand Prix Formula 1 racing event.
Things to Do at Night
Once your yacht is docked for the evening, it’s time to enjoy what Monaco has to offer.
- Dine at one of Monaco’s many award-winning restaurants. The French Riviera and Mediterranean cuisine are renowned throughout Europe; choose from anything from lobster ravioli to duck breast with truffles.
- Try your luck. Monte Carlo is home to numerous casinos, which are open 24 hours a day.
- Party. Bars such as McCarthy’s and nightclubs such as Jimmy’z For live music, try La Rascasse.
Where to Shop
If shopping is on your vacation to-do list, then Monaco will not disappoint. Many of the high-end shops offer designer goods from labels such as Hermes, Christian Dior, Gucci, and Prada. In contrast to the posh boutiques and designer labels, Monaco still hosts vibrant, old-fashioned markets. Browse the markets for local produce, crafts, and more.
Monaco’s latest addition to bespoke shopping is Yacht Club de Monaco (YCM). This dedicated shopping area is at the heart of Port Hercule. There’s also a new shopping promenade in Monte Carlo that’s home to a total of 24 luxury boutiques.
Where to Stay Fit
Luxury yachts come equipped with a whole host of facilities that make staying fit easy – and fun. Not only are there great gyms, but you’ll often have access to swimming pools and tennis courts too. There are also plenty of outdoor options for those who love to exercise – from early morning runs along Monaco’s promenade to cycling up Monte Carlo’s steep hills.
Play tennis, golf, squash, and a multitude of water sports. After working hard at playing hard, treat yourself to a spa treatment. Cinq Mondes Spa at the Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort offers a variety of indulgent treatments.
Plan Your Monaco Luxury Yacht Charter Vacation Today
So if you’ve ever dreamed of sailing the Mediterranean Sea in complete luxury call today. Our charter specialists will not only design the best yacht charter but also help you discover amazing places along the way. 321-777-1707.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.