Cannes, on the French Riviera, is known for its association with the rich and famous, luxury hotels and restaurants, and beautiful beaches. The famed Cannes Film Festival in May is a fantastic time for a superyacht charter to this idyllic destination.
Cannes | Climate
The city has a subtropical Mediterranean climate with warm summers with daytime temperatures regularly reaching 86 °F, while average temperatures are 77 °F. Mean temperatures drop below 50 °F for only three months of the year (December to February). Spring and autumn are still warm but are more suitable for those who like a slightly cooler climate.
Places to see
There are many places to see while visiting Cannes. Before visiting, you can contact an official greeter to help you explore this beautiful city.
- Palais des Festivals et des Congres (where the film festival magic happens every May)
- Allee des Stars where you can see 200 slabs bearing hand prints of movie stars who have attended the famous film festival.
- Cannes’ Old Town is called Le Suquet. Follow it up to Place de la Caste and see the dominating 16th-century church Notre-Dame-d’Esperance.
- The Old Port is a great place to admire super yachts.
- Carlton Hotel. This famed hotel is scheduled to re-open in 2023 after a major renovation.
Things to do
- Stroll the elegant seaside promenade called Boulevard de la Croisette.
- Shop the market and discover the best fresh produce, olive oils, and cheeses.
- Walk in nature on the nearby island of Ile Sainte-Marguerite. This island is crisscrossed by marked trails. Here you’ll also find historic sites such as Le Monastere Fortifie.
- Scuba dive at the Cannes Underwater Eco-Museum
- Try your luck at Casino Barrière Les Princes.
- Admire the painted walls, “Les Murs Peints” found throughout the city. The murals pay tribute to the cinema with scenes of famous actors and movies.
Cannes | Gastronomy
Fresh seafood and an abundance of locally grown produce are hallmarks of the cuisine in Cannes. You can find traditional dishes such as bouillabaisse, socca, and Salade Nicoise at family-run bistros. In addition to traditional foods, Michelin-star restaurants offer international cuisine fine dining. Try Uva for European, French, and Mediterranean fare or Noisette for Italian food.
- IGY Vieux-Port de Cannes. has 727 berths for vessels up to 497’ (140m) with 97 dedicated superyacht berths. Amenities include on-site dining and shopping, Wi-Fi, showers, as well as electric bike rentals.
- Port of Cannes. A medium-sized harbor with a large range of amenities. There are 500 moorings available for boats with a maximum length of 35 meters.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.