MARIU Ionian Charter Itinerary
Sample M/Y MARIU Ionian Charter Itinerary from Athens to Athens.
Day 1 | Athens to Galaxidi
- Athens to the Corinth Canal | 33 nm, 2 hours 20 min
- Corinth Canal to Galaxidi (overnight) | 38 nm, 2 hours 30 min
The heart of Athens beats in Syntagma Square, where the Parliament and most of the Ministries are. Be sure to check out Plaka, the oldest neighborhood in Athens and a great place for an early-evening stroll. There are shops galore, and it’s also where some of Athens’ most talented artists and craftspeople have their workshops.
Corinth Canal Transit
The Corinth Canal links the Gulf of Corinth in the northwest with the Saronic Gulf (also called the Gulf of Aegina) in the southeast. Before its construction, ships sailing between the Aegean and Adriatic had to circumnavigate the Peloponnese, adding about 185 nautical miles to their journey.
Day 2 | Galaxidi to Zakynthos
- Galaxidi to Zakynthos, Port (overnight) | 84 nm, 6 hours 15 min
- Zakynthos, Port – Zakynthos, Navagio | 21 nm, 1 hour 30 min
Galaxidi is the prettiest of the low-key resorts on the north coast of the Gulf of Corinth, on the Greek mainland. Narrow cobblestone streets and two small harbors grace the town. It makes a pleasant base for exploring the Ionian islands. The smaller harbor, Hirolaka, is residential and has a park from which there is a splendid view of Itea and Delphi.
Zakynthos’ highlight is the stunning white sands of Shipwreck Cove (also known as Navagio beach). Its nearby towering cliffs and intensely blue waters have made it one of the most photographed beaches in the world. What’s more, it is only accessible by boat. You will also want to visit the protected area of Laganás Bay. This is one of the world’s important breeding sites for the endangered loggerhead sea turtle.
Day 3 | Zakynthos to Assos Bay
- Zakynthos, Navagio to Kefalonia, Assos Bay (overnight) | 42 nm, 3 hours
This secluded and picturesque village is located just north of the stunning Myrtos beach. The peninsula, covered in verdant trees, pines, and cypresses, is surrounded by the crystal-clear waters of the Ionian Sea. Assos is the perfect place to unwind.
Day 4 | Assos Bay to Paxoi, Gaios Port
- Assos Bay to Antipaxoi, Voutoumi Beach | 50 nm, 3 hours 35 min
- Antipaxoi, Voutoumi Beach to Paxoi, Gaios Port (overnight) | 4nm, 20 min
Paxos is one of a group of small islands set in the Ionian Sea. Since Paxos may only be reached by boat, it is protected from the strain of modern tourism. The capital of Paxos is the picturesque village of Gaios. You will find the pace unhurried and very relaxed, with friendly Greek hospitality at its best. You may want to visit the Folklore Museum of Paxos.
Day 5 | Paxoi, Gaios Port to Meganisi, Vathi
- Paxoi, Gaios Port to Lefkas, Eggremnoi or Porto Katsiki Beach | 40 nm, 3 hours
- Lefkas, Eggremnoi or Porto Katsiki Beach to Meganisi, Vathi (overnight) | 18 nm, 1 hour 20 min
Large, green, and mountainous, with numerous valleys overflowing with vineyards, olive trees, and waterfalls, Lefkada (also known as Lefkas) boasts breathtaking scenery. Vasiliki, on the southwest corner of Lefkada, offers numerous beaches and cliffs to explore.
In the evening, moor in lively Nidri. This former fishing village is now a favorite stopover for luxury yachts, and Nidri is also an excellent base for exploring the host of little islets nearby.
Day 6 | Meganisi, Vathy to Kastos
- Meganisi, Vathy to Kastos (overnight) | 14 nm, 1 hour.
Kastos, a peaceful and quiet island, is blessed with secluded beaches. This island is untouched by major tourism.
Day 7 | Kastos to Nafpaktos
- Kastos to Nafpaktos (overnight) | 57 nm, 4 hours 10 min
Nafpaktos, on the Greek mainland, extends from a beautiful circular-walled harbor. Additionally, the area is highlighted by pine trees, trendy cafés, a good swimming beach (Pisani), and a well-preserved fortress. Terraced stone walls also protect a Venetian castle.
Day 8 | Nafpaktos to Athens
- Nafpaktos to Hireon Vouliagmeni Lake | 54 nm, 3 hours 50 min
- Hireon Vouliagmeni Lake to Corinth Canal | 5 nm, 25 min
- Corinth Canal to Athens, Flisvos Marina | 33 nm, 2 hours 20 min
The end of the M/Y MARIU Ionian Charter Itinerary until the next time.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.