LA to Catalina to LA Itinerary
Motor-Yacht Leight Star is based in LA at Marina Del Rey (Los Angeles), which is about 3.5 – 4 hrs away from Catalina Island. For the LA to Catalina to La Itinerary, a morning is recommended. So we suggest an early boarding, then guests can anchor off Avalon and have lunch on arrival.
Take advantage of water sports from the yacht but there is lots to offer in the Island too. Hiking, zip lines, botanical gardens, Jeep tours and wild buffalo.
Avalon is a beautiful Harbor with shops, restaurants and a beach club with private cabanas. There are also secluded anchorages for the additional nights.
There is enough to do for five days, but if guests wish to move around a bit more, including Santa Barbara and the Channel Islands is an option.
Day 1 – Avalon, Catalina Island
Stroll along Avalon’s palm-lined streets and unique shops
Take a private golf cart or electric bikes around Avalon and scenic mountain vistas overlooking the Pacific
Go snorkeling at Lover’s Cove or jet ski from the yacht
Dinner ashore at one of the many seaside restaurants or from the yacht with views of the picturesque harbor and Avalon theater.
Day 2 – Descanso Beach
- Try the Rock Climbing and Wall Zip through the high canyons to the beach
- Kayak or SUP along the rugged coastline
- Go for a dip in the ocean and sip cocktails from your private cabana for a luxurious day at the Descanso Beach Club before returning to Leight Star for dinner aboard.
Day 3 – Two Harbors
- This small village sits on a narrow strip of land that separates Isthmus Cove on the leeward side of the island from Catalina Harbor on the windward side and only accessible by boat.
- Two Harbors offers a host of activities for outdoor lovers of all kinds and world-class SCUBA diving in crystal clear water.
- Hop in a jeep or Hummer and tour into the interior and stunning views of the sea or take an aerial tour by helicopter
- Kayak or SUP to explore the nearby coves and snorkel or dive underwater caves
- Hike to the overlook at Ballast Point or walk from one side of the island to the other the easy way~across the Isthmus, 1/2 mile wide
- Enjoy a drink on the patio of the Harbor Reef before returning to the yacht for a sunset dinner
Day 4 – Private Anchorage
Catalina offers many private anchorages along the rugged coast for a secluded evening under the stars.
Day 5 – Cruise Home
Enjoy breakfast aboard and cruise back to Marina Del Rey or spend the afternoon off the coast of Malibu and sunset dinner by the Famous Santa Monica Pier.
The end of your LA to Catalina to LA Itinerary with M/Y Leight Star.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.