St Kitts and Nevis a dual-island nation located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Cloud-shrouded mountains and beaches create striking views. Former sugar plantations that are now inns dot the islands. Mount Liamuiga dominates St. Kitts, the larger of the two islands.
Nevis is the smaller and more serene of the two islands. The island offers many sandy beaches, including palm-fringed Pinney’s Beach and sheltered Oualie Beach. On Nevis, colorfully painted houses dot the landscape. Both islands have genuinely welcoming people, cool tropical breezes, and plenty of things to see and do.
During the summer the climate in St Kitts and Nevis is hot, humid, windy, and partly cloudy. At higher elevations it cooler all year. Temperatures are lower from December to March. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 74°F to 88°F and is rarely below 72°F or above 90°F.
St Kitts and Nevis | Things to see and do
- Taste fresh farm-to-table Caribbean cuisine at Bellmont Farms.
- Explore the St Kitts’ Capital City, Basseterre. Stop by St. George’s Anglican Church, Independence Square, and the National Museum.
- Shop at the Caribelle Batik store. Here artisans hand-print fabrics using 2500-year-old batik techniques from Indonesia.
- Check out Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park. This UNESCO World Heritage site dates from the 1690s.
- Visit the Amazing Grace Experience at Sandy Point. Learn how Captain John Newton came to write the hymn “Amazing Grace”.
- On Nevis, take a hike to Nevis Peak. This dormant volcano has not erupted in modern times.
- Also on Nevis, head to Historic Bath Village for a dip in the therapeutic hot springs.
Christophe Harbour Marina one of the newest megayacht marinas in the Caribbean. Customs and Immigration services are available at the marina. Easy access from St. Kitts International Airport on some of the best roads in the Caribbean. The new Grand Hyatt hotel is within 10 minutes of the marina.
- Protected entrance with a safe inner harbour.
- Wide turning basin.
- VIP Customs and Immigration Services.
- Marina Village with shops and restaurants.
- When completed there will be 250 berths with 50 for super-yachts up to 250 ft.
- 24-hour security.