Brijuni National Park contains the islands of the Brijuni archipelago. It consists of two larger islands, Veli Brijuni and Mali Brijun, plus twelve smaller islets. The islands lie opposite Fazana, off the Istria mainland coast. Pine trees, holm oaks, and rare flowers grow on the islands. Meanwhile, wild animals, such as fallow deer, mouflon, hares, and peacocks, roam free here.
Former Yugoslav President Tito had his official summer residence on Veli Brijun. Here he entertained many world leaders and international celebrities, including Queen Elizabeth II and Fidel Castro, and Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. Today, Veli Brijuni has three hotels and one private villa, plus several restaurants and cafes.
In summary, sailing around the Adriatic archipelago is a beautiful experience and will be a memorable part of your Croatia Yacht Charter.
Brijuni | Things to See and Do
- Firstly, see Safari Park and Zoo on Veli Brijuni. The Indian elephant and sacred cows, llamas, zebras, and ostriches, were all gifts presented to President Tito by visiting dignitaries.
- Secondly, hire bicycles and cycle the eight-mile trail around Veli Brijuni.
- During the tour, stop to stroll around the Meditteranean Garden of Brijuni, to see Mediterranean herbs, shrubs, and trees.
- Likewise, stop to see the Brijun Olive Tree, aged 1600 years old and still giving forth a plentiful harvest each autumn.
- Try scuba diving at one of the three locations in the Brijuni aquatorium: Sveti Jerolim, Peneda, and Grunj.
- Play a round of golf on Brijuni’s 18-hole golf course, built in 1921.
- In conclusion, attend an after-dark performance at Ulysses Theatre, in a 19th-century fortress on Mali Brijuni. It was co-founded by Croatian actor Rade Serbedzija.
Marinas and Anchorages in the Brijuni Islands
- Brijuni Port on the northeast coast of Veli Brijuni offers docking.
- Nearby, you can also visit the larger ports of Pula and Rovinj.
Please contact us to find out more about this unique part of the world. We are happy to help you create the Brijuni Islands yacht charter you’ve always dreamt of.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.