The island of Rab centers on the lovely medieval Rab Town. Built on a small fortified peninsular, it sits high above the sea. Seen from afar, its four proud bell towers resemble the masts of a ship. Meanwhile, some of Croatia’s rare sandy beaches are in the north of the island, around Lopar. The most popular is Paradise beach, which curves one mile around a shallow bay. Nearby, Sahara beach is clothing-optional. In the east is mainland Croatia and to the west is the island of Cres, with Krk to the north.
Rab was once an old Romanesque town in the 1st century BC and blossomed into a flourishing city situated just east of Italy. Ruled first by Croatians and then later Venetians – this coastal area is still famous due to its strong Italian presence from the 11th-14th centuries.
Things to See and Do in Rab
- Firstly, explore RabTown. Wander its cobbled alleys and stone stairways, and be sure to see its centuries-old Romanesque churches. Climb to the top of the Cathedral bell tower for spectacular views.
- After that, join a half-day sea-kayaking tour to discover Rab’s indented coastline with Sea Kayak Croatia.
- Alternatively, try scuba diving with the Mirko Diving Center.
- Go hiking – the island has more than 56 miles of hiking trails.
- Hire a bicycle and explore the island’s extensive biking trails.
- Sample the island’s specialty Rapska torta (Rab cake), made from almonds.
- Dine on local seafood. Head for rustic Konoba-Rab, with an open-air terrace in town. Or eat at Restoran More in Supetarska Draga, much loved by sailing crews.
Marinas and Anchorages
There are two well-equipped ACI Marinas on the island.
- ACI MarinaRab The ACI marina in Rab-Town has 134 berths.
- ACI Marina Supetarska Draga The ACI marina in Supetarska Draga offers 344 sea berths.
- Both have restaurants, bathrooms, free WiFi, and ATM.
This is just a brief introduction to this wonderful island, for more information on how to put Rab on your yacht charter itinerary please contact us today.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.