Capri, a Fine Italian Jewel
Situated just off Italy’s famed Amalfi Coast, you can find the intriguing island of Capri. The little Italian island is a popular tourist spot and a great place to visit on a crewed yacht charter.
Capri sits in the Tyrrhenian Sea at the southern end of the Bay of Naples. It is famous for its natural beauty and attracts many visitors. Its principal port is Marina Grande, which you will most likely visit.
Some highlights on a Capri yacht charter include the Blue Grotto, renowned since Roman times. You can spend days exploring this beautiful region by boat with your private yacht.
What Makes a Visit to Capri So Special?
The Amalfi Coast and Capri are romantic destinations that offer the perfect relaxing place. The island is famous for its historic buildings, scenic views from the water, and high atop its nearly 2,000 ft. peak of Monte Solaro.
Things To Do on a Capri Yacht Charter
- Hike – If you’re looking to explore some of the more secluded areas of Capri, take a hike up to Anacapri. Instead, take the funicular for outstanding views of Monte Solaro and a much easier journey.
- Swim – Explore and swim in the pristine water at Marina Piccola Bay.
- Dine – Enjoy dinner ashore at one of many haute cuisine restaurants before returning for another evening relaxing on your private yacht.
- Learn: For those interested in history, don’t miss out on Villa Jovis, once home to emperor Tiberius which features stunning gardens. See Villa San Michele, the dream home of the renowned Swedish physician Axel Munthe.
- Explore – Be sure to stop by Grotta Azzurra for its blue-green water, underwater caves, and natural swimming pool.
- Taste Wine – Visit the island’s only vineyard and underground cellar for a magical experience.
- Visit Anacapri and explore its charming cobblestone streets and colorful villas.
- While in Anacapri, visit Casa Rossa, a museum that houses a permanent exhibition of images of 19th and 20th-century Capri. It is also home to four ancient Roman statues found in the Grotta Azzurra in 1964 and 1974.
- Check out the Blue Grotto (Grotta Azzurra), a sea cave with bright blue waters lit by sunlight streaming through underwater holes.
Given its location, Italy has a temperate climate characterized by hot, dry summers and colder but wetter winters. July is its hottest month, while January and February are the coldest.
The island usually has sunny, clear days in spring and fall. These are great for boat trips, whether you’re sailing or cruising on a motor yacht!
Gastronomy in Italy
Where do we begin? Capri enjoys a fortunate location in Campania, a region brimming with culinary delights!
You will not go hungry in Capri, from seafood, including every imaginable shellfish and local fish, to excellent pasta and pizza.
Enjoying a slice of Torta Caprese is one of the most delightful ways to end a meal. Legend says that limoncello, a lemony drink, marks its birth on the island of Capri.
When Should You Take a Capri Yacht Charter?
- Summer on the Amalfi Coast is one of the best times to take your luxury yacht charter vacation. You’ll never get bored exploring this beautiful coastline with stunning views and many activities.
Fall or Spring
- However, when should you go if you’re looking for more tranquil months? Skip the busy summer rush and sail in May or between September and October instead! Local events and less crowded shores are just some of the benefits.
- If you’re thinking about visiting during the winter months, don’t worry! The weather here is still milder than in other European regions like Croatia or New England in North America.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.