Portofino, Italy, is one of the most stunning places in Italy and the perfect destination for a yacht charter vacation. With its picturesque waterfronts, charming piazzas, and beautiful views, a Portofino yacht rental provides a luxurious escape from every day.
It is perhaps the best way to explore the famed Italian Riviera with family and friends. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a corporate retreat, this ultimate Portofino yacht charter guide will help you plan the perfect trip.
Why Charter A Yacht in Portofino?
Situated in the center of a stretch of coastline known as the Cinque Terre, Portofino is surrounded by five picturesque villages. Each offers visitors an array of unique experiences. Explore the quaint fishing villages along the coast to sample local cuisine, or spend a romantic evening on the sea, looking out to the sparkling coast.
You can take in all these sights and more with a private yacht charter while sailing around the Italian Riviera. You can begin your journey in Genoa, La Spezia, or directly from the Riviera. If time allows, you can combine a Portofino yacht rental with stops in Tuscany’s Elba island or Maremma coastline.
Things to See and Do in Portofino
- Stroll along the waterfront promenade, and soak up the Italian version of old Hollywood glamour.
- Tour the Brown Castle. The ancient military fortress includes magnificent gardens overlooking the water.
- Visit San Martino Church, conveniently located off the main piazza.
- Enjoy Michelin-star cuisine. Head to Michelin-rated Cracco Portofino or DaV Mare, which overlooks one of the most romantic squares in Italy.
- Sail around the Faro di Portofino lighthouse.
- Go hiking or biking above the coast to enjoy panoramic vistas.
- Visit San Fruttuoso Abbey. Make the easy hour-and-a-half walk from the marina and reach the ancient Abbey in San Fruttuoso. Or, sail over to the tiny coastal village, which is only reachable on foot or by sea.
- Go scuba diving at San Fruttuoso beach, the location of a huge bronze statue of Christ, with open arms.
- Sunbathe on Paraggi Beach. This popular beach in Portofino is famous for its emerald-green water.
Places to Visit on the Cinque Terre
The Cinque Terre (or Five Lands) is a group of five quaint villages along the Italian Riviera. This area is a photographer’s dream with its winding alleys and colorful buildings. You can visit all five villages at your leisure on a yacht charter. Enjoy stops at each one to explore, or spend more time aboard your yacht, admiring the views.
This colorful village is perhaps the most popular in the Cinque Terre, and for good reason. With bright and cheerful buildings clinging to the side of the hills and the lovely harbor below, Vernazza is a must-see destination. Hike up the trails to get amazing views over the village, enjoy a glass of local wine in a harbor-side cafe, or stroll around the alleyways to enjoy all the beauty.
Perched atop a rock promontory, Corniglia is a tiny village that offers spectacular sea views. Wander through its ancient alleyways and soak up the incredible beauty of this place. The Church of San Pietro is an absolute must-see—its bell tower offers incredible views over the village and coastline.
Monterosso al Mare | Portofino Yacht Rental
At the far end of the Cinque Terre is Monterosso al Mare, a charming little fishing village popular among beach-goers. Here, you can relax on golden sand beaches, swim in crystal-clear waters, and enjoy some delicious seafood at one of the many restaurants along the waterfront.
This picturesque village of Manarola features colorful buildings perched atop cliffs overlooking the sea. Take a stroll along the winding lanes and enjoy stunning views over the Mediterranean or go for a romantic boat ride from one of the jetties.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.