Martha’s Vineyard is an island in the Atlantic just south of Cape Cod. This picturesque New England island has harbor towns, lighthouses, sandy beaches, and farmland. It’s accessible only by boat or air. We recommend visiting this lovely island on a private Martha’s Vineyard yacht charter.
The Island is great for a day trip. However, spending a few days exploring all these vibrant areas is best. Popular destinations on Martha’s Vineyard include Edgartown, Oak Bluffs, Aquinnah, and Menemsha. Each location offers something unique: sand beaches, historic lighthouses, or stunning cliffs.
Visit Martha’s Vineyard on a Massachusetts or Newport Yacht Charter to experience this historical island.
Places to see
- Visit The Granary Gallery. The oldest and largest art gallery on Martha’s Vineyard. In addition to this gallery, there are over a dozen public galleries on the island.
- Go to the Polly Hill Arboretum, a horticultural and botanical landmark. In 1958, Polly began an arboretum by sowing a seed, eventually bringing 20 acres under cultivation while preserving 40 acres as native woodland.
- Children and adults will enjoy the Flying Horses Carousel. It’s the nation’s oldest continuously operating merry-go-round.
Things to do
- Be a pirate for a day! A family-friendly adventure that transforms your kids into a hearty pirate crew. Every new mate gets a pirate name, face-paint, dresses up and learns how to talk like a pirate. Then sail along the shores of Oak Bluffs on a custom build pirate ship.
- Have lunch or dinner at one of the island’s many restaurants. Choose from local favorites like Chesca’s Restaurant, Atria, 19 Raw Oyster Bar, or Lucky Hank’s. Afterward, you can take a walk around Edgartown. It’s a great way to get a feel for the pace and flavor of the Vineyard.
- Take a bus or trolly tour to see the whole island.
- Stop by Island Alpaca to observe the unique Island Alpaca. Have some fun browsing their gift shop.
- Visit Martha’s Vineyard Playhouse, a professional nonprofit theater.
- Birdwatch. Over 300 species of birds frequent the island.
On Martha’s Vineyard, summers are warm, humid, and windy. Winters are very cold, wet, and extremely windy. It is partly cloudy year-round. The temperature typically varies from 24°F to 79°F. It is rarely below 10°F or above 85°F. For this reason, summer is the best time to visit.
Vineyard Haven Marina offers beach frontage, a boaters lounge, and concierge services. The deepwater moorings and dockage can accommodate vessels up to 250 feet. The marina is in the center of one of New England’s most scenic harbors. It’s within walking distance to many of Vineyard Haven’s best shops, galleries, and health clubs. The marina will arrange shoreside accommodations, dining reservations, special island tours, and air and ground transportation.
Oak Bluffs Marina is the largest marina on Martha’s Vineyard. It offers easy access to the Island. There are 81 slips, 50 moorings, and can Med-moor yachts up to 115 feet. On-site is a restaurant and lounge. In addition, there are also showers, bathrooms, and laundry facilities. The new fuel dock provides gas and diesel.
The Black Dog Wharf can accommodate vessels up to 190’ LOA with up to 10-foot drafts. In addition to the professional and friendly staff, the marina has bathrooms, private showers, and other amenities.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.