Newport Yacht Charter
Experience the rich culture of New England on your Newport Yacht Charter. Sail from Newport to the pristine island of Nantucket, Block Island, and Hyannis, MA.
This city is famous not only for mansions, but also for the America’s Cup yacht race, the Cliff Walk, authentic Colonial buildings, and its jazz and folk festivals.
Places to See in Newport
- Visit the Herreshoff Marine Museum. Besides the yachts and models, the Museum has cataloged and displayed hundreds of artifacts and memorabilia significant to the Herreshoff legacy.
- Newport is rich in yachting history. In fact, Newport Harbor was the home of the American’s Cup from 1930 to 1983. To find out more, visit the Newport Museum of Yachting.
- Newport Mansions
- Rough Point Museum Tour
- Audrain Car Museum
- Tennis Hall of Fame
- Fort Adams State Park
- Newport Vineyards
- Cliff Walk
- Newport Museum of Yachting / IYRS School of Technology & Trades
- Gurney’s Resort (Marina and Restaurant) Newport
- Museum of Newport History
- Touro Synagogue – the oldest Synagogue in the United States
Things to Do on your Newport Yacht Charter
- See Newport from a different perspective on a Cliff Walk. You’ll not only see the natural beauty of the shoreline but also mansions from the gilded age. Enjoy lunch or dinner with a captivating view of First Beach at the Chanler.
- Relax with a hydrotherapy treatment at Bodhi Spa. In addition to hydrotherapy, Bodhi Spa offers massages, facials, body treatments, and more.
- Raise a glass at Newport Vineyards.
- Step back in time at a gilded-age mansion such as The Breakers, The Elms, Marble House, and Rosecliff.
- Spend the day exploring Bowen’s Wharf, a lively waterfront area.
- Enjoy a private boat tour in the Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
- Pick Strawberries and Sunflowers, shop local and fresh groceries at Sweet Berry Farm
- Fly Kites, take in the views, and picnic at Brenton State Park
- Luxury Picnics
- Rent Mopeds/Scooters and cruise around the famous Ocean Drive
- Lunch or dinner at Safari Room
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner at Castle Hill Inn (drinks on The Lawn highly recommended)
- Go to the beach. Popular beaches include: First Beach, Second Beach/Surfer’s End, Reject’s Beach/Bailey’s Beach (located on the route of the Cliff Walk), Mackeral Cove Beach
- Newport Jazz Festival 2022
- Newport Folk Festival 2022
Weather in Newport
The summers are warm; the winters are very cold and windy. It is partly cloudy year-round. The temperature typically varies from 24°F to 79°F and is rarely below 11°F or above 86°F.
- Newport Marina – Lee’s Wharf offers floating docks with composite decking and can accommodate vessels up to 140 feet. Amenities include a swimming pool, showers/laundry, wireless internet/cable TV, and an outdoor lounge area.
- Newport Yachting Center has 180-foot floating finger piers, fuel, and on-site boat repair service. In addition, there’s 24-hour security, accommodations for mega yachts, concierge service, and a pump-out facility.
- Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard Have lunch at Belle’s. The NPT Shipyard is an excellent embarkation/disembarkation location (parking available across the street at Visitor and Travel Center).
- Goat Island Marina
- Newport Yachting Center
- 41 North Have lunch, dinner, or drinks at The Grill, Christie’s, or the Oval Bar & Lounge.
- Brown & Howard Wharf Marina
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.