Eleuthera forms part of the Great Bahama Bank on its western edge, and its eastern coastline faces the Atlantic Ocean. The main Island lies 50 miles east of Nassau, and it is a long, thin island, one hundred and ten miles long and just over one mile wide at its narrowest.
Beautiful pink sand beaches and a relaxed atmosphere make this a wonderful place to visit.
Interesting Facts About Eleuthera
- Eleuthera is two islands, North Eleuthera and South Eleuthera.
- The islands started as coral reefs.
- In 1648, a group of Puritans sailed to Eleuthera for religious freedom.
- “Eleuthera” originates from the Greek word “eleuthero,” which means freedom.
The summers in the Bahamas are hot, humid, wet, and mostly cloudy. The winters are comfortable, humid, windy, and mostly clear. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 66°F to 90°F and is rarely below 59°F or above 92°F.
Eleuthera: Things to see and do
- Spend a day at one or more beautiful beaches. Choose from French Leave Beach, Surfer’s Beach, Ten Bay Beach, and Ocean Hole.
- See turtles at Edwin’s Turtle Lake Marine Reserve.
- Visit the Glass Window Bridge. The Island forms a border between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Ocean. On the Glass Window Bridge, you will have the chance to view the thin line of land between the dark blue Atlantic waters and the turquoise waters of the Bahamas.
- Tour a pineapple farm. Eleuthera is the agricultural center of the Bahamas, and pineapples are the most popular crop.
- Shop at The Beach House Boutique in Governor’s Harbour.
- Also, in Governor’s Harbour, have some great food and enjoy island music at the Friday Night Fish Fry.
- Try cliff jumping at Rock Sound Ocean Hole in Rock Sound for the brave. There’s a blue hole where you can jump from the cliffs surrounding it. Cliffs vary in height from 5 to 25 feet.
Cape Eleuthera Bahamas Marina Between Exuma Sound and Rock Sound. Accommodating vessels up to 200′ LOA and features full utilities, free Wi-Fi, and a deep draft 12′ MLW entry at a straight 90° angle.
Davis Harbour Marina at Jack’s Bay Club has a protected harbor, 24 slips, night-time security, Frigates Bar & Grille, local charter boat captains, Wi-Fi, Captains Lounge with Direct TV, ice, laundry, shower facilities, business center, fuel (gasoline and short pump diesel), electric – 30 & 50 AMP 3-Phase Power, RO water, concierge, provisioning, mail services.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.