Eleuthera forms part of the Great Bahama Bank on its western edge, and its eastern coastline faces the Atlantic Ocean. The main Island lies 50 miles east of Nassau. Long and thin, one hundred and ten miles long and just over one mile wide at its narrowest. Beautiful pink sand beaches and a relaxed atmosphere make this a wonderful place to visit.
Eleuthera is two islands, North Eleuthera and South Eleuthera. In 1648, a group of Puritans sailed to Eleuthera in search of religious freedom. The word “Eleuthera” originates from the Greek word “eleuthero,” which means freedom.
The summers are hot, humid, wet, and mostly cloudy. The winters are comfortable, humid, windy, and mostly clear. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 66°F to 90°F and is rarely below 59°F or above 92°F.
Eleuthera: Things to see and do
- Spend a day at one or more beautiful beaches. Choose from French Leave Beach, Surfer’s Beach, Ten Bay Beach, Ocean Hole
- See turtles at Edwin’s Turtle Lake Marine Reserve.
- Visit the Glass Window Bridge. The Island forms a border between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Ocean. On the Glass Window Bridge, you will have the chance to view the thin line of land between the dark blue Atlantic waters and the turquoise waters of the Bahamas.
- Tour a pineapple farm. Eleuthera is the agricultural center of the Bahamas, and pineapples are the most popular crop.
- Shop at The Beach House Boutique in Governor’s Harbour.
- Also in Governor’s Harbour, have some great food and enjoy island music at the Friday Night Fish Fry.
- For the brave, try cliff jumping at Rock Sound Ocean Hole, located in Rock Sound. There’s a blue hole here where you can jump from the cliffs surrounding it. Cliffs vary in height from 5 to 25 feet
Cape Eleuthera Bahamas Marina Between Exuma Sound and Rock Sound. Accommodating vessels up to 200’ LOA and features full utilities, free Wi-Fi, and a deep draft 12′ MLW entry at a straight 90° angle.
Davis Harbour Marina at Jack’s Bay Club has a protected harbor, 24 slips, night-time security, Frigates Bar & Grille, local charter boat captains, Wi-Fi, Captains Lounge with DirectTV, ice, laundry, shower facilities, business center, fuel (gasoline and short pump diesel), electric – 30 & 50 AMP 3-Phase Power, RO water, concierge, provisioning, mail services.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.