Best Nightlife and Bars in Turkey
Turkey is a country that’s rich in culture, history, and natural beauty. However, what most travelers often overlook is its lively nightlife scene. Whether you’re looking for a night of dancing to the latest beats or a chilled-out evening with your friends, Turkey’s bars and clubs offer many options to suit everyone’s tastes.
If you plan on visiting Turkey, you mustn’t miss out on its nightlife, especially in the bustling city of Istanbul. Below, we highlight some of the best nightlife and bars in Turkey.
Istanbul – Impressive Venues
Istanbul is the place to be if you’re looking for an exciting and vibrant nightlife scene. Turkish nightlife in Istanbul is all about variety, with options ranging from rooftop bars and trendy clubs to underground music venues and historic taverns.
- Taksim Square: One of the most popular areas for nightlife in Istanbul is Taksim Square, which is filled with bars, nightclubs, and live music venues. The streets around Taksim are bustling with activity, with locals and tourists enjoying the lively atmosphere. If you’re looking for a place to dance the night away, head to Reina nightclub, located on the banks of the Bosphorus. It boasts an impressive outdoor terrace and views of the city skyline.
- 360 Istanbul: For a more laidback experience, visit one of Istanbul’s many rooftop bars, such as 360 Istanbul. Located on a rooftop in Beyoğlu, 360 Istanbul offers panoramic views of the city and is known for its creative cocktails and live music performances.
- Cicek Pasaji: For those interested in experiencing Turkish history and culture along with their nightlife, visiting a traditional tavern or meyhane is a must. These historic establishments, such as the famous Cicek Pasaji in Beyoğlu, offer a unique atmosphere with live music, traditional food, and Turkish rakı – a traditional anise-flavored liquor staple of Turkish nightlife.
IZMIR – Nightlife With Beach Vibes
If you’re looking for a more laidback and trendy nightlife scene in Turkey, Izmir is the place to be. This coastal city has a bustling atmosphere and some of the best nightlife and bars in Turkey.
- Kordonboyu is a popular spot for nightlife in Izmir, with numerous bars and clubs along the waterfront promenade. One of the standout bars here is İzmir 1923, a sleek and stylish venue with a great selection of drinks and a chic ambiance. For a more relaxed vibe, head to the laidback 20/20 Café & Bar, which offers a range of cocktails, beers, and wines.
- Babylon Club is a must-visit if you’re in the mood for live music. This legendary music venue has hosted some of the biggest names in Turkish and international music, and its eclectic lineup is sure to have something to suit your tastes.
- To taste local culture, check out one of the traditional meyhanes (Turkish taverns) in Izmir. Meyhane Konak, for example, is a classic meyhane that serves up meze (small plates of food) and raki (a traditional Turkish drink) in a cozy and authentic atmosphere.
Overall, Izmir offers a laidback and trendy nightlife scene. It’s perfect for those looking for a more relaxed atmosphere than Istanbul’s party scene. So, whether you’re into live music, stylish bars, or traditional taverns, you will find something to suit your tastes in this vibrant coastal city.
Ankara -The Party Capital | Best Nightlife and Bars in Turkey
Ankara may be the political hub of Turkey, but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking in nightlife. The capital city boasts some of the best bars and clubs in the country.
- One of the top spots for nightlife in Ankara is Tunalı Hilmi Street. This vibrant area has bars, cafes, and restaurants that come alive at night. From craft cocktails to local beers, there’s no shortage of drink options in Tunalı Hilmi.
- For a more upscale night out, head to Kavaklıdere. This neighborhood has high-end restaurants, swanky bars, and exclusive clubs. Dress to impress and get ready to rub shoulders with Ankara’s elite.
- If you’re looking for a more laid-back vibe, check out the bars and cafes in Kızılay. In addition, the area is popular among students and young professionals. You can expect a more casual and affordable night out.
- For live music lovers, Nefes Bar is a must-visit. This intimate venue features local and international musicians playing a range of genres, from jazz to rock to traditional Turkish music.
- And if you’re in the mood for something unique, head to Kuğulu Park. This park is home to a popular outdoor drinking spot where locals gather to enjoy beers and snacks under the stars. It’s a great place to mingle with locals and experience a different side of Ankara’s nightlife.
Bodrum’s Beach Vibes | Best Nightlife and Bars in Turkey
This Turkish beach town is famous for its legendary beach parties in open-air nightclubs with world-renowned DJs spinning the latest beats. With bars and clubs lining the beach, you can party until the sun rises. Moreover, Bodrum is a hub for yacht chartering and a great destination for a honeymoon, so find your perfect yacht today!
- For a more laidback party scene, head to Bitez Beach. This beach is home to several beachside bars and clubs that offer a chill atmosphere. Enjoy live music and sip a cocktail while lounging on a beanbag chair. You can dip in the crystal-clear water when you need a break from dancing.
- Kule Rock City Bar: For those who love music, Kule Rock City Bar is a must-visit destination. The bar often hosts live music events, making it the perfect place to dance the night away with your loved one. From jazz to rock and roll, the music selection is always top-notch.
Yachts to Charter From Bodrum
Antalya: A Blend of Nightlife and History
Located on the southern coast of Turkey, Antalya offers a unique blend of nightlife and history. With its beautiful beaches, ancient ruins, and bustling nightclubs, Antalya has something to offer everyone.
- If you’re interested in history, check out the Antalya Museum, which features artifacts and exhibits from the ancient civilizations that once thrived in the area. The Old Town, known as Kaleiçi, is also worth a visit, as it is home to ancient Roman ruins and Ottoman-era buildings.
- But don’t let Antalya’s history fool you – it’s also a lively and vibrant city with plenty of nightlife options. Head to the marina to enjoy drinks and dinner while taking in the beautiful views of the Mediterranean. Or, head to the Lara Beach area to dance the night away at one of the many nightclubs that line the shore.
- One popular nightlife spot is Club Inferno, located in the city center. This club boasts an open-air dance floor, stunning views of the sea, and an impressive sound system. For a more laid-back experience, head to the historic Old Town, where you’ll find traditional cafes and bars with a more relaxed atmosphere.
Unique Drinking Experiences to Try in Turkey
Aside from the typical bars and clubs, Turkey offers unique drinking experiences that every traveler should try at least once. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Raki – Known as the national drink of Turkey, Raki is an anise-flavored liquor that is often consumed with a meal, usually accompanied by meze or small plates of food. Raki is often served with water, which turns it into a milky-white color, making it a unique and tasty experience.
2. Salep – A hot and creamy beverage, Salep is made from a powdered orchid root mixed with milk, sugar, and cinnamon. It’s a traditional Turkish drink popular in winter and often served in street carts.
3. Turkish Tea – Tea is a way of life in Turkey, and it’s served in small tulip-shaped glasses. Turkish tea is typically brewed strong and is enjoyed throughout the day. Sipping on tea while taking in the beautiful scenery in Turkey is an experience like no other.
4. Ayran – This refreshing drink is made from yogurt, water, and salt. It is often served with a meal or as a refreshing drink during summer. What’s more, Ayran is especially popular in Turkey’s coastal regions.
5. Kahve – Turkish coffee is a must-try for coffee lovers. This rich and flavorful drink is brewed with finely ground coffee beans and served unfiltered. A small glass of water usually accompanies Turkish coffee to cleanse your palate.
6. Nargile – Also known as a hookah, nargile is a traditional way of smoking flavored tobacco. It’s often enjoyed with friends in social settings and accompanied by tea or other beverages.
Turkey is a country full of unique and memorable experiences, and trying its traditional drinks is one of them. Whether you prefer tea, coffee, or liquor, there’s something for everyone in Turkey. Cheers!
A Guide To The Best Nightlife and Bars in Turkey
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.